I've decided on a Specter euro type body. I'm making the body and neck myself. I haven't decided on doing a maple body with a quilted top or just alder. But my real question is what type of pickups I should get. I was trying to decide between three options. My first option is two samarium cobalt noiseless jazz pickups. I could also do two emg 45dc pickups. My last option is an emg pj bass set. what are everyones' opinions?
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
This would be better in the Guitar Gear & Accessories or Guitar Customizing thread. However, people will probably want to know what your style is and what kind of sound you're looking for.
If you have the money get the pickups used in Rickenbacker basses (4000 series).
If you're making a 4 string, I'd suggest the PJ set. If you're making a 5, I would go for the DC's. I also suggest the all-maple body. That's how my Spector is built and the tone is just immaculate.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
humbucker at the bridge and split coil at neck or just 2 humbuckers
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by Your41Plague12
If you're making a 4 string, I'd suggest the PJ set. If you're making a 5, I would go for the DC's. I also suggest the all-maple body. That's how my Spector is built and the tone is just immaculate.

Same with my warwick.

I say to put some jazz pickups in it.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.