My very good friend of 3 years (who is also my dorm room-mate) is quiting college because he can't get enough financial aid. It's my first year, and his second. The real reason this sucks is because I now have to stay on the 16th floor of the dorm alone for the rest of this year. No one to go eat with, just hang out, and go places with. I don't really know anyone else here yet since it's the second week.

We also played guitar together and he has basically been an inspiration to me for guitar for a while now. I'm not kidding when I say he's atleast on par with Necrophagist or Joe Satriani. He's moving to Oregon soon too, so I guess I'll have to make a new best friend. Ugh. I know it's not that big of a deal, but my family / girlfriend / everyone I know lives over an hour away, so I was basically banking on him helping me through shit.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
You've been there over a week and only met one person? Get off the computer and go have some fun.
Quote by mr_hacksaw
this sounds like its leading to butt secks

Sounds like it was until the other guy jumped ship...
Friends are overrated.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Sounds like it was until the other guy jumped ship...

Damn, we missed out on butt secks?
Go join some clubs or something...and look on the bright side, lots of people would kill for a room to themselves in college...
Quote by leonkaz0822
Go join some clubs or something...and look on the bright side, lots of people would kill for a room to themselves in college...

That.
the easiest thing to do is become friends with your hallmates and people near you in the building, and through that you can meet their friends and so on...
Could just start fapping alot.....

Other than that all the best advice has already been given.
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
I attend Eastern Kentucky University for the guy who wanted to know. And i'm hardly ever on the computer. Look at my posts on UG, I post like once a month. I just had to vent about the situation. I know I should meet more people, but most of the people here are gangsters with dreads, and aren't very cool people. This topic is more about venting than asking for advice. Anyway, I lost my best friend.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Why doesn't he just get a loan? They're fairly easy to get for college students. And definitely try and meet some people, I know it might be intimidating with so many people around and they all have friends already, but at least start by meeting the people on your floor. Just go knock on doors and introduce yourself, believe me it works.
That's the thing, they won't give him loans. They basically said that they quit funding some students. I actually think he's happy that he's leaving, but leaving behind a college education is a horrible decision. I know he could stay if he really wanted and find an outside lender. But he wants to move to Oregon and start a new life. Hmm...
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths