ok so heres the situation.

i have a b-52 at-100. i love the thing to death. i went to guitar trader and tried out a peavey 6505 and i love that one too. i went on craigslist and found a 5150 on sale for $700.

now i know i can easily sell my b-52 for $500 and then just front the $200 to get the peavey but is all that worth it?

i like both amps a lot but im not sure if the peavey is worth all that trouble.

also considering the fact that when i tried it out they wouldnt let me play it at a high enough volume to get all the tones out of it. the volume was at 1 or 2 but it still sounded bitchen.

so i ask you....give me some advice!
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
If you know, really know, that you can get $500 for it maybe it is worth it. The thing is, what if it's gone after you sell yours? What to do then?
Quote by gregs1020
If you know, really know, that you can get $500 for it maybe it is worth it. The thing is, what if it's gone after you sell yours? What to do then?

i already thought that through. if i really wanted too and tried i could sell my amp tonight. and call the guy to arrange a meeting tomorrorw.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
i already thought that through. if i really wanted too and tried i could sell my amp tonight. and call the guy to arrange a meeting tomorrorw.

Good. Then you have a tough decision. The thing is, is there anything else you could sell so you could keep the B52 you love? Nothing wrong with having 2 great amps IMO.
Quote by gregs1020
Good. Then you have a tough decision. The thing is, is there anything else you could sell so you could keep the B52 you love? Nothing wrong with having 2 great amps IMO.

i was thinking the same thing. i have 12 guitars and a line 6 half stack. i might be able to let some of those go

Edit: make that 8 guitars. i forgot i sold 2 and took 2 apart
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Last edited by Draind at Sep 4, 2008,
I'd say it's really up to you. I like the AT-100 quite a bit for the price. Will the 5150 be an upgrade in sound quality over it? This is really up to you.

The B-52 is much more versatile and has a better clean channel, the 5150 is more versatile than people give it credit, but still not to the point of the B-52. I guess if you only play metal and cleans aren't too important, the 5150 could be better for you, it's all up to you though really.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd say it's really up to you. I like the AT-100 quite a bit for the price. Will the 5150 be an upgrade in sound quality over it? This is really up to you.

The B-52 is much more versatile and has a better clean channel, the 5150 is more versatile than people give it credit, but still not to the point of the B-52. I guess if you only play metal and cleans aren't too important, the 5150 could be better for you, it's all up to you though really.

i like your reasoning. if you think about it the way your explaining i would be paying 200 more for an amp that isnt very good at cleans. tough decisions.....tough decisions...
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Matrix is spot on. Keep the B-52, sell the 4 (or 3 or 2 or 1) guitars you play least and get the 5150. 8 guitars and two amps? Sir, your guitar heavy and amp light. Balance things out!
Quote by gregs1020
8 guitars and two amps? Sir, your guitar heavy and amp light. Balance things out!

Yes! I have... (technically) 3 electric guitars... and 3 amps. Balanced indeed!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by gregs1020
Matrix is spot on. Keep the B-52, sell the 4 (or 3 or 2 or 1) guitars you play least and get the 5150. 8 guitars and two amps? Sir, your guitar heavy and amp light. Balance things out!

guitars are my form of art. thats why i have so many. but i only need one amp because the amp makes all my guitars sound epic.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
^I wish I had these dilemmas. I only have one guitar (and a squier body) and one amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by MatrixClaw

Yes! I have... (technically) 3 electric guitars... and 3 amps. Balanced indeed!

Yea - I prefer not to get into a gear comparison with you sir.
But I am at 4 and 4, so numberswise... Yea - I know, quantity and quality...

Edit 1: Kevin, that's one good amp to have, kudos bro.

Edit 2: Sorry for spamming your thread TS. I still say sell off a couple guitars, maybe the line 6 if you're not in love with it and get the 5150. But keep the B52...
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 4, 2008,
Quote by gregs1020
Yea - I prefer not to get into a gear comparison with you sir.
But I am at 4 and 4, so numberswise... Yea - I know, quantity and quality...

Edit 1: Kevin, that's one good amp to have, kudos bro.

Edit 2: Sorry for spamming your thread TS. I still say sell off a couple guitars, maybe the line 6 if you're not in love with it and get the 5150. But keep the B52...

its cool. i love music talk. im already selling the line 6 for 450 and im planning on selling 2 guitars for 150 - 200 each. even if i dont buy the peavey ill have money left over to buy more guitars
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
even if i dont buy the peavey ill have money left over to buy more guitars

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com