well i bought this guitar about 2 months ago, and being that i took a 2 year hiatus on guitar i was excited. also, being that this was my first floyd rose styled guitar i made sure i did my homework and got a quality one, which in my case was an Edge Pro.

problem is it wouldn't stay in tune. now, a lot of people here on UG are really picky about tone, and i am the exact same way about tuning. i literally spent hours on a daily basis tweaking the bridge to get a perfect tuning, but i never happened. so what do i do? i decide to install a tremsetter

now, not only was i charged 35 for the tremsetter, i also got a pro setup, 60$ plus the installation of the tremsetter, 35. as if this wasn't enough, they held my guitar hostage for about a month before they finished working on it.

when i finally brought the guitar home, i expected PERFECT tuning stability(like a certain youtube video that demonstrates this to the full extent), but what do i get? my guitar still didn't stay in tune. hell, it was worse than before.

/rant

so my question is, can any of you help me? as i have seriously started considering selling it and buying something else, like a hellraiser with a floyd, but being that this was my first floyd style guitar and it's already let me down, i'm still skeptical.

p.s. i plan on having 2 guitars(1 floyd,1 fixed bridge), so i must know if my guitar still has salvation, or should i just look for a guitar with a better floyd

anyways, thanks UG!
i hope someone can help
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Is the nut loose? Honestly, the tremolno is a better deal. fixed bridge FR FTW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
no i make sure the nut is tight enough to lock the strings, but no too tight to where i might damage the guitar.

it's just like if you use ebay for the first time, after seeing you're friend buy countless of stuff that's worth hundreds, then you get ripped right then and there, on your first transaction, even though you made sure the guy didn't look like a scammer

that's how i feel right now. i feel really disappointed in my Edge Pro. i am seriously considering selling it and buying another FR guitar. that is if i don't fix my RG by tuesday
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
anybody?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Edge-pros are the best bridge around for stability. When i was poor enough to not be able to afford new strings my RG stayed in tune for like 6 months at a time, Perhaps you need a bit more practise in tuning it? Have you stretched the strings? Is it balanced? Do you tune it up, then retune, then retune etc etc till its %100 percent perfect, leave it for an hour, Tune it again, then lock the nut and fine tune?

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Quote by blue_bogan
Edge-pros are the best bridge around for stability. When i was poor enough to not be able to afford new strings my RG stayed in tune for like 6 months at a time, Perhaps you need a bit more practise in tuning it? Have you stretched the strings? Is it balanced? Do you tune it up, then retune, then retune etc etc till its %100 percent perfect, leave it for an hour, Tune it again, then lock the nut and fine tune?

trust me, i stretched the strings as much as i could. i have left the guitar overnight without the nut to make sure they stretch as much as possible. hell, i've even gone through the trouble of getting the guitar in perfect tuning before locking the nut. then as soon as i use the whammy bar or do high bends, it goes out of tune.

by the way, is there a way to adjust the tension spring on the tremsetter?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by acdc51502112
original edge is the best, EP is not the best trem. http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

i've used this guide before but i still can't get perfect pitch. i still trying to tune my guitar as we speak. as a matter of fact i should go back to the shop and demand a refund! their "Pro Setup" was a ripoff!

i REALLY,REALLY want this to work because i just love my guitar, especially the very thin and comfortable neck, and let's not forget the mirage blue finish. but if i don't get it done by tuesday, well.......expect it to be for sale in the gear ads section
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
have you checked the knife edges?
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by SomebodySomeone
trust me, i stretched the strings as much as i could. i have left the guitar overnight without the nut to make sure they stretch as much as possible. hell, i've even gone through the trouble of getting the guitar in perfect tuning before locking the nut. then as soon as i use the whammy bar or do high bends, it goes out of tune.

by the way, is there a way to adjust the tension spring on the tremsetter?

That won't do anything - did you physically stretch the strings by grabbing them and yanking them off the fretboard like a madman?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That won't do anything - did you physically stretch the strings by grabbing them and yanking them off the fretboard like a madman?

yup, i pulled on ALL the strings. i even broke 2 high e strings doing that

unless one of you guru's lives within driving distance for one of you to inspect my guitar i'm out of options. i don't trust guitar shops anymore. this is the second time they did a "pro setup" on a guitar of mine(first time being on my squier). they have left it worse than before.

EDIT:
Quote by acdc51502112
have you checked the knife edges?

this too. they were in good shape. i even applied some chapstick. it help the guitar stay in tune better but the "perfect tuning" was still off.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Sep 5, 2008,
Mine doesn't go out of tune of 6-7 months, the only time it is unstable is when you first change the strings, during the first few days it keeps on getting untuned. I realized that the more you play the less it changes it's tuning. When I used to play a hell lot it never used to change its tuning, but when I started playing less and less with spells lasting upto 2 weeks of not playing, it gets detuned quickly. Even now since I don't play with the whammy bar anymore , whenever I do it gets detuned alot but before when my hands were glued to the bar, it never changed its tuning. Just keep on playing with the guitar for two more weeks and seee what happens.
i'll try. but i'm getting really impatient
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Also perhaps you could check your knife-edges, and/or get some locking studs. And try completely blocking the trem for a while

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
if your knife edges are fatter or thiner than about 0.4mm then the tuning won't hold.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400