Are B.C rich good? many people say they are heavy.. what exactly is heavy? is the sound good? is is easy or hard to play?
It's preference.

But for metal, I'd take ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, PRS etc. over B.C. Rich.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
mainly, its just the look people go for
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by RPGoof
The mid to hig-end models are, the cheap ones aren't.

Fixed. Even the cheap ones are fairly good for what you pay.
Dickless.
If you're willing to pay big money for one of the high-end B.C. Rich guitars, they are good. Other than those guitars, they blow for stock p-ups
some of the cheap ones sound great but its only a matter of time before they fall apart.

MC name = Bearrorism
i dont know about any of them but the nj models and they didnt suck at all imo but it was a heavey guitar which is why i sold mine. not to mention i got more for it than i paid, that outta tell ya something.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
the 600+ guitars are allright but only sound good and seem sort of cheap. Many of dont compare to other guitars in the price range. Although they do put a lot of time into the aesthetics of the guitars.
my first guitar was a warlock... other than a burr on the bridge that broke my e 86 thousand times until i fixed it it wasnt bad...its mostly for looks though

for sound... its made of basswood so its a little deeper
the stock pickups were nice sound but average sustain

i think its light... but thats probly cus i have a lp now

i still have it but i barely play it....
im thinkin about sellin it
I Have A B.C. Rich Warlock Revenge
Its One Of The Best Guitars I've ever Played
Aside From A Mustaine Custom

It Hurts Your Ribs With The Point At First Though
I found the mocking birds around 700$ awesome for a korean guitar. They're great if you don't want a trem, but if you do try looking for more high end models, but don't spend too much on them, you could find a better brand, like a USA Jackson, Gibson, Carvin...
If by heavy, you mean "omg l00k Im a xxhardcorexx br00tal mallcore kiddie", yes they are heavy. At least the bronze series are bad. The higher end models are pretty good.
I had a B.C. Rich 'Rich Bich'. It was a good guitar to me, had good sound. But I elected to get rid of it as I don't do much with electric, I'm more acoustic/classical. Like others mentioned, it's always personal preference, and you always get what you pay for.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Personally, I only like the BC Rich american made ones. . . the others seem kinda cheaply thrown together. Decent for the price but not that great. As far as the price on that mockingbird. . . it is better than most Ibanez's in the same price range. I had an RG 570 at one time that cost about the same as that. . . and it was a flaming pile of poo. . . I'm more of a Gibson, ESP, Jackson, PRS person myself though.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Apec, as far as getting what you pay for it is not always the case. . . I think it was in april 94 PRS stopped making their guitars handmade. . . but they still continue to charge handmade prices. They also made a bulkier heel on the guitars. . . supposedly to fortify the neck. . . but honestly, Ed Roman( www.edroman.com ) and I (non-affiliated with Ed Roman) have only seen guitar necks break off on newer model PRS guitars. . .
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

Well, every rule has an exception, in fact it's not even a good rule without an exception or two, but that is what I have seemed to find over the years. And if you are having a problem with the neck breaking occasionally, you are playing the instrument wrong...
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Just about the only non-over rated BC Rich is the Masterpiece Bich. I whipped one of these up for $400 AUD, and it has a great, clean, range of tone, and distortion. But they are mainly for metal playing, so If you want the clean, more acoustic type sound, don't go for BC Go more for Gibson.

Look for the review on this Masterpiece Bich on this site. The person who I was convinced by says it all. It pulls off Disturbed, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters and EVEN the least distorted 3 doors down songs. To add to this it sounds fantastic with an effects pedal. People who don't have a BC rich think they are no good, well the expensive ones are for their price.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
It's more of a time factor, but playing live shows with guitars things are bound to happen. . . especially if the guitar isn't built for that much abuse. . . I even saw a Gibson SG that is cracking around the neck because it is a live use instrument. . . . Give a good stage show, you break a few guitars in the process. . . be boring, and your instrument will live forever.
Quote by paranoid joker

BC Rich guitars are great if you want a headstock that can choke people. Other than that I have little experience in BC. If you want to play metal, I say buy an Ibanez, Dean, Jackson or ESP.
Well, I play mostly acoustic, so I'm always sitting down when I play, not jumping around on stage, so I guess I need to pull my foot out of my mouth on that point, lol.

*points to sig*
I should heed my own advice from time to time...
Depends on the guitar. After you get to about $800 they're really pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
people hate on BC rich a lot, but i actually think tehy make some good stuff, people always bash the bronze warlocks, but if you compare them to gutiars in their price range they kick the shit out of squiers and most ibanezs in their price range. In fact i think the reason people hate them is because so many people have them and thnk they are the best guitars ever (NOT TRUE!) but they are great starter guitars. the NJ series BC richs are pretty good too, by heavy they probably mean intended for metal but they are literally heavy too. i just think BC rich gets way to much hate here compared to ibanez which makes guitars twice as crappy
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)