http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-410-S710-PA-Package?sku=630485

i'm thinking about getting this PA system with my band so the singer can actually be heard (hes using a karaoke machine right now!)

and i was wondering what else can we do with this? plug in instruments to it or mic up the amps?

and to upgrade the speakers would we need to get a new mixer or could this mixer handle higher grade speakers eventually
haha
just remeber

dont get your singer a PA if they dont sing good
hhehehe
made that mistake

we thought he was good until we heard him....

just kidding....................... /=
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
lol that helped umm..... a lot lol

hes decent but he would be buying half and the rest of us would pitch in the rest
You wouldn't necessarily need to upgrade the mixer to handle better speakers, but if you wanted to have more mains, or more monitors on the floor you would have to upgrade to something with enough input/outputs. If you wanted to upgrade to more powerful speakers, you would need to upgrade to a power amp that dished out enough juice to make your louder speaker, well, louder.

And yes, you could mic up your instruments, or plug directly into it. I advise against direct in though, unless you have a really good amp modeler. I would also say that you need upwards of 500 watts if you wanted to mic up everything and still be able to have a good mix. That's just my personal experience.
I've got the 620 with the same speakers. Should work well for you. I actually like the speakers quite a bit. Something about 2X10 tone that I like. Working on putting a 2X10 cab on my Vj.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD