Poll: What would suit me better for the sounds below(read)?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would suit me better for the sounds below(read)?
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe SSS
8 50%
ESP/LTD EC-1000
8 50%
Voters: 16.
So I'm considering trading in my MIA Fender Deluxe SSS (w/ s1 switch) in for a ESP/LTD EC-1000(sw).

I was wondering since my musical tastes happen to be: Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses (Velvet Revolver), Megadeth, Metallica, The Pixies, Testament & some Mott the Hoople. What would I be better off with? They both feel great and I've played them both so that isn't the problem. Just wondering what I could do these kind of tones and sounds better with.
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Sep 4, 2008,
single coild wont work for the sounds you looking for.

go for a ESP
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
i surprisingly can get all those tones and look at my setup

you just got fiddle with the eq a bit

and those pickups in the strat are stacked humbuckers i think

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i think the ec-1000 is probaly better for what ur playing but i voted for the strat because u just can't trade it away
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I'd rather not have to change all that to get a sound that I can get for just changing guitars.

The guy at the store told me that fender told him they aren't stacked. Trust me, they aren't noiseless like the name suggests. At high gain it buzz's like any other single coil I've tried. (I say they buzz a lot at high gain because my old SG never buzzed that much).
Quote by gstacey1
i think the ec-1000 is probaly better for what ur playing but i voted for the strat because u just can't trade it away

How am I supposed to trade it in after that face?! I'm not emotionally attached to it or anything which makes it easier.
Dude, you'll be taking a step down trading your strat for that. Just save up some more money and get a humbucking guitar. That's probably the best choice.
Quote by nan0
Dude, you'll be taking a step down trading your strat for that. Just save up some more money and get a humbucking guitar. That's probably the best choice.

Explain why it's step down?
Quote by nan0

yah that was sorta the point i was getting at the strat is probaly a beautiful guiatr and its a step above the ec in price terms that is. if ur not loving the strat trade it in but i would keep it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Well.

Strat -

Pros:
Wood quality
Craftmanship
Better reputation
Basicly, quality wise it's much better.

Cons- No humbuckers.

ESP:

Pro- Humbuckers

Cons: Crap pick ups,
cheaper woods,
worse electronics most likely.

Just save up money man
Quote by nan0
Well.

Strat -

Pros:
Wood quality
Craftmanship
Better reputation
Basicly, quality wise it's much better.

Cons- No humbuckers.

ESP:

Pro- Humbuckers

Cons: Crap pick ups,
cheaper woods,
worse electronics most likely.

Just save up money man

Talk about a biased opinion. Since when were EMG's crap pickups? Cheaper woods? When did mahogany become cheap, I did not realize that the united states imports better wood then Korea ever could. As for craftsmanship... I've played crap Gibsons, Fenders, ESP's, PRS' and Ibanez's etc. Not to mention people base reputations off what the company used to do well....
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Talk about a biased opinion. Since when were EMG's crap pickups? Cheaper woods? When did mahogany become cheap, I did not realize that the united states imports better wood then Korea ever could. As for craftsmanship... I've played crap Gibsons, Fenders, ESP's, PRS' and Ibanez's etc. Not to mention people base reputations off what the company used to do well....

No, if it was opinion I'd be like "OMG GET AN ESP CUZ IM A METAL HARDCORE DUDE BUT I WET MY BED AT NIGHT".

They aren't good EMG's. It's just a piece of shit covered in gallons of icing for little boys to buy them, and then bring them to the shop forking over 3 fold the price originally paid for it.

Go ahead go buy it for your "humbucker". It's your fingers that make up 90% of the sound, just so you know.

Korea doesn't usually import woods unless it's super high end, maybe then. Other wise they use "nato" and other cheap replacments for instruments. Carvin, all the woods are grown in the USA with care, besides Mahogany which is from africa. The Godo quality kind.

So I won't help you then noob. Why do you ask for help but disreguard what people tell you? I'm out of this shit hole.
Last edited by nan0 at Sep 4, 2008,
Single coils are incredibly versatile.

Keep the Strat.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by nan0
No, if it was opinion I'd be like "OMG GET AN ESP CUZ IM A METAL HARDCORE DUDE BUT I WET MY BED AT NIGHT".

They aren't good EMG's. It's just a piece of shit covered in gallons of icing for little boys to buy them, and then bring them to the shop forking over 3 fold the price originally paid for it.

Go ahead go buy it for your "humbucker". It's your fingers that make up 90% of the sound, just so you know.

Seriously? Wow. You need to learn some people skills. Your opinion was biased. Enough said. Take it like the man you claim to be.
Korea doesn't usually import woods unless it's super high end guitars (what you're buying isn't. face it) they use "nato" and other cheap replacments for instruments. Carvin, all the woods are grown in the USA with care, besides Mahogany which is from africa. The Good quality kind.

Why do you ask for help if you aren't going to take it? Or do you just want people to tell you what you want to hear? Do us all a favour and put your dad's dick back in your mouth and shut up.

Go back to 4chan and your emo music.
Quote by nan0
Korea doesn't usually import woods unless it's super high end guitars (what you're buying isn't. face it) they use "nato" and other cheap replacments for instruments. Carvin, all the woods are grown in the USA with care, besides Mahogany which is from africa. The Good quality kind.

Why do you ask for help if you aren't going to take it? Or do you just want people to tell you what you want to hear? Do us all a favour and put your dad's dick back in your mouth and shut up.

Go back to 4chan and your emo music.

I guess I didn't make it clear that I didn't want to hear biased opinions. As for 4chan, that must be where you get the over grown ego. You know, the thing that tells you your opinion is better then mine? As for the incest remark... I'm sure you get it from there as well.

EDIT: As for the emo remark, I listed my bands before. Way to read big shot.
I don't go to 4chan, xD.

I mean, what loser lets the internet decide what he does with his guitar? rofl, just do what you want.
If you are unhappy with the strat go for something else. The Ec-1000 is a pretty nice guitar but make sure that's what you want. I would actually go with something with some passive buckers for the bands you like. The EMGs are nice for compressed saturated metal(at least in my experience) and classic rock doesn't sound the best with them. Of course it's ultimately up to your own ears not mine.

Good luck finding something more suited to your styles.

This might be worth a look:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=518401
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The elitist is nicer in my opinion but yeah a studio from gibson would work too.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
If you are unhappy with the strat go for something else. The Ec-1000 is a pretty nice guitar but make sure that's what you want. I would actually go with something with some passive buckers for the bands you like. The EMGs are nice for compressed saturated metal(at least in my experience) and classic rock doesn't sound the best with them. Of course it's ultimately up to your own ears not mine.

Good luck finding something more suited to your styles.

This might be worth a look:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=518401

This is the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. I have enough money saved for the Gibson LP but the neck on those Gibson's don't feel right to me. As for the ESP/LTD it had a thinner neck but the same overall body shape I like. Do you know of any other models similar to the Epi with a thinner neck?
I know Ibanez makes some Les Paul shaped guitars. They have a $500 one at my local shop. It feels better than any Gibson studio I ever picked up.
You could always do a pick-up swap if you like that neck. Plus the EMGs will sell easily.

Off the top of my head I don't know of any other LPs with thin necks.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Settle down children
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure