Page 1 of 8
Bloody great. There is absolutely no logical reasoning not to allow gay marriage, and yet, 2 of the potentially most powerful people in the world are against it. John McCain and Sarah Palin. Sure, there's stuff about it in the "holy book", but of course, the U.S.A allows freedom of religion, separation of church from state.

Hmm...looks like gays will have to put up with another four years of nonsensical bullshit.
John McCain and Sarah Palin are the most powerful people in the world?

Edit: Okay, I missed the "potentially," but, on the other hand, the other two "potentially most powerful people in the world" are not against gay marriage. You shouldn't whine before they're actually elected (I'm guessing you're British so you can't vote for or against either of the parties) because everybody is entitled to their opinions (narrow-minded or not).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Sep 4, 2008,
Quote by Karvid

Look up the meaning of "potentially".
Quote by FireandFlames
TS are you gay by any chance?

I don't know if he is gay, but he sure is ghey.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Tom-sawyer
Bloody great. There is absolutely no logical reasoning not to allow gay marriage, and yet, 2 of the potentially most powerful people in the world are against it. John McCain and Sarah Palin. Sure, there's stuff about it in the "holy book", but of course, the U.S.A allows freedom of religion, separation of church from state.

Hmm...looks like gays will have to put up with another four years of nonsensical bullshit.

There's your answer. The church says no.
It really is a load of bullshit. There's absolutely no sound argument against gay marriage, it's just a social norm that's existed for a long time, and people are able to take advantage of that to keep religious in law. Bull fucking shit.

Quote by Karvid

Potentially, he said.

lrn2read

Quote by FireandFlames
TS are you gay by any chance?

While it sounds like you're just fucking around, it's this sort of bullshit that prevents people from bringing these issues to light.

Also, inb4 "Lets talk about GAYS" thread
Last edited by iimjpii at Sep 4, 2008,
i seriously hate that the bible is used as a reason to hate people/gays.

if god doesnt like gays, then he is not god.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
John McCain supports letting the states decide, and Sarah Palin isn't going to be president.

So, **** off.

Not to mention Barack Obama supports letting the states decide as well.

....pwn3d.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
dude...Palin doesn't even believe in evolution, and pretty much if you don't believe in that then you don't believe in molecular biology. she's got her head so far up her ass i don't think she has any idea where she is.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by Tom-sawyer
Nope. I'm anti-idiotic laws.

Ok.

That said I'm all for legalization of gay marriage.
The Bible shouldn't be the reason it's not legal.
Just to reiterate, with sources:

"Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

Barack Obama did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

He said he would support civil unions between gay and lesbian couples, as well as letting individual states determine if marriage between gay and lesbian couples should be legalized.

"Giving them a set of basic rights would allow them to experience their relationship and live their lives in a way that doesn't cause discrimination," Obama said. "I think it is the right balance to strike in this society."

LOL @ same thing as McCain, dumbass(es).
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Tom-sawyer

There is no logical reason for alot of things in life, but it doesn't change the fact that it is. Maybe they just don't like them / agree with the lifestyle. If 2 gay men or 2 gay female can produce a child without the assistance of the other sex then maybe you would have a logical reason for why they should be allowed to marry. But if they allow it then they should at least let me marry my dog... She is pretty hot really you know. Remember that /b/ with all the post talking about how sexy that dog is? Yea that was my dog you know you would go for it to if it was yours.
Basically marriage concerns WHO you love, not the sex of the person you actually love.
Quote by FireandFlames
Ok.

That said I'm all for legalization of gay marriage.
The Bible shouldn't be the reason it's not legal.

yeah, honestly, if the Bible would be the reason behind the constitution and/or several laws, then we might as well take the Q'uran (sp?), the Torah, and every other book that belongs to anyone's religion current living in the united states (buddhism, daoism, etc.)
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
There's a lot of reasons for it; however, I disagree with most of them.

Personally, I think gay marriage should be legal, but I don't think churches should marry gay couples, because I believe that it's morally wrong for christians to be gay. That's up to individual churches though. Marriage is not exclusive to christians, or any religion. Anyone can get married.
Quote by ViperScale
There is no logical reason for alot of things in life, but it doesn't change the fact that it is. Maybe they just don't like them / agree with the lifestyle. If 2 gay men or 2 gay female can produce a child without the assistance of the other sex then maybe you would have a logical reason for why they should be allowed to marry. But if they allow it then they should at least let me marry my dog... She is pretty hot really you know. Remember that /b/ with all the post talking about how sexy that dog is? Yea that was my dog you know you would go for it to if it was yours.

Who said you have to have kids once you get married? it's not a necessity to do.

EDIT:

Quote by metalgirl0
Basically marriage concerns WHO you love, not the sex of the person you actually love.
THIS.
Quote by ViperScale
If 2 gay men or 2 gay female can produce a child without the assistance of the other sex then maybe you would have a logical reason for why they should be allowed to marry.
Children are not compulsory for married couples. If they were then you would be right. They're not. You're wrong.
Quote by FireandFlames
Who said you have to have kids once you get married? it's not a necessity to do.

True but it really is kinda the main reason why we have marriage.
Quote by ViperScale
Then ban the impotent from marrying too.
Quote by ViperScale

What about sterile people?

Marriage is a symbol of love between two people, not a reason to have kids.
Marriage isn't a 45 year old guy giving a 15 year old girl's father 50 oxen and 20 sheep so he can take her home and do her anymore .
Marriage also serves financial benefits that homosexuals should have access to.

Hell, gay marriage should be legal under the 14th amendment anyways.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
dude mcpain and stalin are not gonna win.

fear not!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by smb
Then ban the impotent from marrying too.

Well just because you can't physically have kids doesn't mean that you can't raise kids. The problem i have with homosexually is studies of kids being brought up in single homes vs homes with a man and women. Kids who grow up without one of each normally tend to have problems. yes i know the world isn't prefect and there are plenty of kids with F%#*( up families, but giving a child to a homo sexual family could be like giving a child to a family would has a abusive father.

For the past 10 years I have worked at camps in the summer dealing with kids that come from broken families and have seen about everything you can think of, from a kid who was being raised by his uncle cause his father left and mom was in jail and then the uncle shot himself in the head a month before the camp with a shotgun in front of the kid to 10-12 year old girls who had been rapped by their dads.
Quote by ViperScale
giving a child to a homo sexual family could be like giving a child to a family would has a abusive father.
You're trying hard to prove your moron credentials. It's the ignore list for you.
Quote by ViperScale
Well just because you can't physically have kids doesn't mean that you can't raise kids. The problem i have with homosexually is studies of kids being brought up in single homes vs homes with a man and women. Kids who grow up without one of each normally tend to have problems. yes i know the world isn't prefect and there are plenty of kids with F%#*( up families, but giving a child to a homo sexual family could be like giving a child to a family would has a abusive father.

I'd rather have two dads than no dads.

Hell, the more dads the merrier right?
Quote by ViperScale

If both those parents can equally take care of the child and provide him/her with everything they need, what's to stop them?

jeez, you act as if one of them is going to rape the kid or something.
Quote by kennyvspenny
dude mcpain and stalin are not gonna win.

fear not!

Looks like the democrats support the same thing. I was not aware.

Everyone up there is a dumb ass. Although, the republicans definitely make it more evident.

The main purpose of a government (originally) was to care for the well-being of it's people. How in the name of hell Sally and Judy getting married harms anyone busts my brain.
Quote by FireandFlames
If both those parents can equally take care of the child and provide him/her with everything they need, what's to stop them?

jeez, you act as if one of them is going to rape the kid or something.

Males and Females are not the same if you have not realized that yet. Each brings their own thing to the family. 2 males or 10 males will not likely give a child the same thing as 1 female.
Like it or not, the northeast is the bastion of liberalism in America. Most of the country is conservative.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Tom-sawyer
Looks like the democrats support the same thing. I was not aware.

Everyone up there is a dumb ass. Although, the republicans definitely make it more evident.

The main purpose of a government (originally) was to care for the well-being of it's people. How in the name of hell Sally and Judy getting married harms anyone busts my brain.

Centuries of indoctrination and family-passed ideologies that homosexuality is not okay. I think we need a Dumbassacaust - you know, destroy the utterly ignorant...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by ViperScale
Males and Females are not the same if you have not realized that yet. Each brings their own thing to the family. 2 males or 10 males will not likely give a child the same thing as 1 female.

+1

Like I said, I support gay marriage (but not in churches), but I'm completely against gay couples being allowed to adopt kids.
Quote by ViperScale

Ah right. The education system has no females.

I had a friend who was raised by lesbians. He is perfectly normal, and you're a bigot.
Quote by ViperScale

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that same sex couples are any less qualified to raise children.
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=38cc20ce-7f14-44ea-b4d9-d4cd16d7a269&k=9378
The arguments you are using are the same tired logical fallacies formally levelled against interracial marriage.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Sep 4, 2008,
Quote by ViperScale

Well what about single moms and single dads raising kids? Has every kid that has been raised by a single parent come out all fucked up?

They've only had either a male or a female as a parental figure. Does that mean that every person who has been raised by a single parents "suffers" the same as a child raised by a gay/lesbian couple?
Quote by frottage
+1

Like I said, I support gay marriage (but not in churches), but I'm completely against gay couples being allowed to adopt kids.

WHOA!

Somebody here is mighty ignant!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie