Alright so here it is guys, my music teacher is asking me to play some songs for a christmas concert and i dont just wana do the boring old jingle bells, frosty the snow man, stuff like that i want something with a nice twist, like something with a solo in it or distortion, soemthing that all ther people that attend will go wow! they wont go awwwe how cute, he learned his first song, but instead wow can we hear that again. so whats a really "jazzed" up christmas song for lack of a better word that everyone will be impressed with.

Thanks guys

~Scotty
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Just play any old christmas tune, but then put in a light distortion or overdrive, and put in a solo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YjyoX-rIs

Also, bring the song up in tempo, or give it a swing feel.

If you have a backing band, that will really add to the feel, even just a drummer and a bassist will do. If not, you could play with a backing track.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Fairytale of New York by the Pogues
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
jingle bell metal \M/
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I had something like this when I was in school, except the song wasn't for Christmas, it just had to be Christian.

I chose The Human Face Divine by Norma Jean, I think my teacher was pretty scared!
it made me smile lol!
If your appreciate some softer jazz/blues stuff. This is neat. Not difficult, but impressive enough to the untrained ear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAlV5g24LXU
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
my chem did a siiiiiick cover of all i want for christmas is you. i highly sugest it. but if u dont have a band.......idk man
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

try like a metallica riff but put lyrics with it like "Your life burns faster! Christmas Disaster! DISASTER!" LOL or "Jingle Bells of SORROW" lol
Quote by reactionzero10
try like a metallica riff but put lyrics with it like "Your life burns faster! Christmas Disaster! DISASTER!" LOL or "Jingle Bells of SORROW" lol

ahahahahahahahah! good stuff.
this reminds me of "more human then human" by rob zombie, the instrumental is just called jingle bell remix i think, its actually a pretty cool song in my opinion.you should probably go with just an instrumental if u have a band...
Hmm well Funtwo made his own version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Sounded pretty neat). I think someone posted it on youtube named "Carol Rock". Anyways its really good, and if you could play it you'd impress people :P