I have heard nothing but great things about the Dimarzio X2n's and I am considering getting them. I was wondering if any of you had any input on these pickups

Thanks
Quote by mcrfobtai
What amp do you have?

+1

If you're still playing through a relatively low end, or beginner amp, and looking for something as an upgrade, I recommend holding off on the new pickups, despite how much of an improvement they might be, a new amp will always change your tone more than pickups.

If you do have a nice amp already, the X2N is an insanely high output, i actually believe the highest output pickup on the market. Even moreso than EMG's. In comparison to other Dimarzios, the don't have the best clean, albeit, 1000x better than the SD invader, but that doesn't say much at all.

If you ONLY play metal and the cleans you want are going to either be warm and fat from the neck, with a lower output pickup of course, and a really dry, twangy dark kinda tone for the bridge, preferrably with flanger or phaser over top of it, the X2N is a great choice, but if you want a huge thick jazzy clean from the bridge look elsewhere.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio