Whats up with this?

I was in one of the stores yesterday and almost picked one up but I decided to wait and order one online. Turns out they can't apply my store credit to an online order so I couldn't get the order out.

Then today I check the website and its 649 instead of 549. Gay!
I saw it in an MF catalog. And the Custom costs $800!!!!

Thank god I got a used Standard Plus over the summer for $350.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Okay maybe gay was the wrong choice of word, just irritating that waiting one day is now going to cost me 100 dollars.

And yea I didn't even check the custom but that's up to 799 now.
Price of everything is up so its expected guitars would go up to. They dont do it like gas where it goes up a little bit every few days. And a gas station just has to go change the numbers on the sign out front. Dont think GC or MF etc can print a new cataloge every week when the price of a guitar goes up 2 dollars. So they eat it for little while then jump the price. You just happened to check the day before and after the jump.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Sep 4, 2008,
Umm it might be because the Elitists aren't being made, so they need to compensate by raising normal prices.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
yeah, i was pissed when i cashed my paycheck about 2-3 months ago. i had exactly 750, which was what the Ibanez RG1570 used to be but the next day when i checked online to order it, the price went up to 900.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
... people are better off saving another 300 bucks and getting the elitist custom
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
that's weird, for the past 3 years fender mustangs have been at 699 or 750 (i can't remember, but I know it's never changed)

the telecaster deluxe '72 RI my friend bought is still the same price too 4-5 years layer

but 649$ for an Epi sounds a bit rediculous...I'd slap the guys at the guitar store if they were trying to sell me a 649$ Squier Strat, why not just save up another 200$ for a gibson?
Epiphone raised them. Not Guitar Center.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I picked my Epi LP up at GC over the Labor Day Weekend for $469, which was $100 off at the time. I guess I picked it up at the right time.

But materials and labor are going up right now. It is no different in the guitar world.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
$649 for a LP Standard and $799 for the Custom? Now that's a rip-off. They were a bit expensive for what they were, but now that's too much. They're doing like with Gibson LP's.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Matt15f
Whats up with this?

I was in one of the stores yesterday and almost picked one up but I decided to wait and order one online. Turns out they can't apply my store credit to an online order so I couldn't get the order out.

Then today I check the website and its 649 instead of 549. Gay!

I think you're wrong. It was probably a different les paul..

there's the studio, special, deluxe, etc. there's a ton of models in varying price and you probably saw a different one even though it looked the same.
gc didn't raise their prices, everyone did, epiphone raised their costs on all their guitars pretty much. i had to do the price changes at my store too, but we still have a sale on the cherry one for 549.99 at www.georgesmusic.com. whoever compaired the epi lp standard to a squier strat is a moron...
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by injected
I think you're wrong. It was probably a different les paul..

there's the studio, special, deluxe, etc. there's a ton of models in varying price and you probably saw a different one even though it looked the same.

Nope, it's true. I just looked at Guitar Center's site and they are going for $649.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212