I got a blakc 1992 gibson t-bird IV, and i was wondering how much is it worth( its mint condition) and also how muhc do you think it would cost to get it painted white.

thanks
Take the current price of a new one and add about $300 to it if it's mint. That's just a guess. Gibsons retain their value and age well. I wouldn't even go about getting that thing painted, why ruin a bass that's in perfect condition and worth some cash? That will dramatically decrease its value.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
There is a white model of the bass, so i dont think it would hurt the value of it would it?
Yes, it definitely would. Take an original 1965 Ferrari that was mint condition in red, and paint it black. Just because there was a black model of it at the time doesn't mean it's not going to decrease the value by a considerable amount. The same applies to basses but to a much lesser degree.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

but still, if it's mint, then modifying it will bring down the value.

i say sell it and buy yourself something nice.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
i say, do an EVH stripe job with white, pink and purple, then craigslist it for $200

that, or leave it be and sell it
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
Why don't you sell the original black one for what I suggested, buy a brand new white one, and have some cash left over? Better yet, get a new other bass and forget the Thunderbird unless you're dead set on it.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by Your41Plague12
Why don't you sell the original black one for what I suggested, buy a brand new white one, and have some cash left over? Better yet, get a new other bass and forget the Thunderbird unless you're dead set on it.

If there's tax where he lives he'd probably break even at best, plus vintage Gibsons are better than new ones.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Forget the T-bird unless all you want to play is repeated eighth note roots with a pick. Unless you are Niki Sixx, the Tbird is irrelevant. Looks badass, feels cool since it's so heavy, and yet it's completely impractical.

$1300 can get a great bass. Go grab yourself a 2008 American Standard Jazz or Precision, they are getting phenomenal reviews.
Shutup with your kissass T-Bird bashing. Dude's trying to get RID of the thing and you come in 'reminding' him T-Birds suck. Nice one.
Quote by fishbass
Shutup with your kissass T-Bird bashing. Dude's trying to get RID of the thing and you come in 'reminding' him T-Birds suck. Nice one.

sadly, I agree with this.

he is going to sell it. he knows what's up. he knows he has nothing but a piece of expensive crap.

watcha gonna buy with the money?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom