Page 1 of 2
hey guyz
i was goin 2 buy "ibanez rg2570z" but i thought 2 change my mind to Jackson DK2M and save some money...
wat do u think,wich one u prefer and why ? wich one should i go for?

thnx
Get the Jackson. Better pickups, better body wood (the Ibanez has basewood) and I find it better looking too.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
well i gotta DK2M myself.
personally i prefer duncans over dimarzios but id have to play both to really pick it out.
but since i only have the jackson ill tell you what ive figured about it
the liscensed floyd isnt too bad. had some trouble with it at first but it was probably just me.
the neck is fantastic, i love that its got both a maple neck and fretboard, its real smooth.
the body contours make it real comfortable and its relatively light.
one thing to note, the trem cavity on mine seemed pretty sloppy, the paint around the trem wasnt even and some parts were black [im guessing thats the primer] and the cutout around the trem wasnt totally smooth.
overall i still love the thing, even with the few flaws.
Quote by KillingMachine
Get the Jackson. Better pickups, better body wood (the Ibanez has basewood) and I find it better looking too.

yup, pretty much sums it up
(+1)
BulletzAreScene
Alder isn't necessarily better than basswood. Why not look into a RG1570 instead of the 2550z?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by trevorjps
i have the jackson...owns screw ibash!t

I'm sure it does .

Don't get me wrong, I like mid-range Jacksons, but to say that Ibanez is sh!t just makes you look ignorant imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by maleksamman
hey guyz
i was goin 2 buy "ibanez rg2570z" but i thought 2 change my mind to Jackson DK2M and save some money...
wat do u think,wich one u prefer and why ? wich one should i go for?

thnx

go for the ibanez. that is an amazing guitar. i played the 2550z which is the same thing and it was equal in quality and playability to my jackson. the dk2m is a great guitar, but the ibanez in this case takes the cake
well , the RG1570 ....i didn`t like it at all...it`s almost like my ibanez rg370...
so guyz , u think the maple fret board would be faster than rosewood for a lead guitar player?
and the tremolo,,does it stay in tune or it`s ****ed up like the EDGE III of the ibanez wich is on rg370...?
actually i`ve tried the rg2570z and i like it "neck and tremolo" but i have some cash problem so i`m really thinkin of this jackson guitar ,,so plz help me 2 make the right decision
thnx again
Quote by maleksamman
well , the RG1570 ....i didn`t like it at all...it`s almost like my ibanez rg370...
so guyz , u think the maple fret board would be faster than rosewood for a lead guitar player?
and the tremolo,,does it stay in tune or it`s ****ed up like the EDGE III of the ibanez wich is on rg370...?
actually i`ve tried the rg2570z and i like it "neck and tremolo" but i have some cash problem so i`m really thinkin of this jackson guitar ,,so plz help me 2 make the right decision
thnx again

sometimes i have to tune it [jackson dk2m] a couple time before it stay in tune, [im pretty sure im doing something wrong when i tune it] but once its good, its good.
where r u guyz ?lol
i`m really confused :S
maple fretboard or 5pc wizard rosewood neck?:S
ZR or licensed Floyd Rose low-profile ?:S
daaaaaaaaaamn
HELP
okay guyz ,,just wanna make sure of 1 thing else
i haven`t try a maple fretboard,and i can`t try now cuz this guitar isn`t available around and i`m gonna order it online if i`m gettin it
so i`m wondering , i`ve alwayz loved the 5pc wizard neck , so is this neck would be fast enough like the 5pc wizard IBANEZ neck ? some said it would be faster but i`ve tried a fender guitar that had a maple fretboard and i hated it bcz i feel like the 5pc has a feelin wich is like the neck is oiled or somethin so i move fast...but wat about this guitar`s neck?
idk about the ibby neck but every jackson i`ve ever played with the exception of one particular model (dxmg) had a wonderful neck and the dxmg i played that had the crappy neck could have just been a set up problem. go w/ the jackson
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by maleksamman
thnx again

Well first of all, if you dont have the cash then you won't be getting the more expensive one will you?

About the trem, the rg2550 has the Edge Zero bridge which is amazing. Nothing at all like the Edge 3. It has a built-in intonation tool and everything. No worries with the trem, in fact i'm pretty sure it's better than whatever trem the jackson has.

I say if money really is an issue, get the jackson. If it isn't, and you like your current Ibanez as far as feel and such goes, get the ibanez.
I would get the Ibanez 2570Z. The DK2M has a shitty trem, (most would agree with me, the JT580LP). Also, I'm not a fan of the maple neck nor am I a fan of the pro series on Jackson (japanese made jackson, 1step down from USA). The Ibanez should have better build quality as its from the prestige factory (top of the line Ibanez)

Oh and yes, OP, I would compare the JT580LP somewhere with the EDGE III. I had an Ibanez RGT42 and goddamn the ****ing tremolo (EDGE III) was so ****ed up I had to trade in that guitar. I also have a Jackson KE3 (JT580LP), and I think the EDGE III was worse, but the JT580LP is definitely no OFR. I think the 2570 is an all round more solid axe than the DK2M that's for sure....
Last edited by noXreflection at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by KillingMachine

Inferior bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by noXreflection
I would get the Ibanez 2570Z. The DK2M has a shitty trem, (most would agree with me, the JT580LP). Also, I'm not a fan of the maple neck nor am I a fan of the pro series on Jackson (japanese made jackson, 1step down from USA). The Ibanez should have better build quality as its from the prestige factory (top of the line Ibanez)

Oh and yes, OP, I would compare the JT580LP somewhere with the EDGE III. I had an Ibanez RGT42 and goddamn the ****ing tremolo (EDGE III) was so ****ed up I had to trade in that guitar. I also have a Jackson KE3 (JT580LP), and I think the EDGE III was worse, but the JT580LP is definitely no OFR. I think the 2570 is an all round more solid axe than the DK2M that's for sure....

Are you like dumb?
You're not a fan of Jackson Pro series, because they are made in Japan, and than you say ibanez is better quality, because.............................. it's made in Japan? (because that is what prestige means: made in japan, not in crappy korea/china/indonesia)
Christ.

And the JT580LP is ALOT better then the edge3. Shame on you to compare those two! Offcourse it isnt OFR quality, but its not far behind at all.
Aside from the trem being better on the ibanez, the Jackson is the more interesting guitar here:
- body wood is alder instead of sh!te basswood (basswood always sounds thin)
- Deicent and REAL pickups (duncans) instead of imitation dimarzio's
- maple fretboard instead of rosewood (preference)
- IT IS 400$ CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by LP_CL

I agree:
- body wood is very important. Thats not something you gonna change quickly without buying a new guitar
- pickups can be changed, but then again: its a shame that there are crap pickups in a guitar that costs a grand
- i like both
- That is the biggest argument. For 400$ less you have a guitar that certainly isnt worse than the ibanez. And if you REALLY doubt the trem -which imo also is the only inferior part to the Jackson- then you can always get an Original Floyd Pro for 200$ and put that one on. Still saved 200$.
Quote by weebl&bob

- That is the biggest argument. For 400$ less you have a guitar that certainly isnt worse than the ibanez. And if you REALLY doubt the trem -which imo also is the only inferior part to the Jackson- then you can always get an Original Floyd Pro for 200$ and put that one on. Still saved 200$.

That is very true. How did i not think about that? Come here, give me a hug!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
That is very true. How did i not think about that? Come here, give me a hug!

HOMO!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Damnit scream. Every time i click on that, i get gas (=/= ). Yes, even me, owning a soloist. Thats sick
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
okay guyz , after all , it seems that i`m gettin the Jackson guitar
i just wanna kno ur opinion if u compared the maple fretboard and the rosewood fretboard
as i said , i don`t have any guitar that has maple fb so i can`t try it .i have ibanez RGT6ex also and the 5pc wizard neck feels so fast as if it`s oiled....so wat do u think?would i be happy with the maple?:S
Quote by LP_CL
Are you like dumb?
You're not a fan of Jackson Pro series, because they are made in Japan, and than you say ibanez is better quality, because.............................. it's made in Japan? (because that is what prestige means: made in japan, not in crappy korea/china/indonesia)
Christ.

no he's not a fan of the pro series because it's not Jacksons top of the line model and the prestige models are ibanez's top of the line models.

does every guitar made in the US have the same build quality?

I personally would get the Ibanez, I've not played the 2570 but ibanez wizard and wizard II necks always feel nice to me. I played the DK2M and wasn't impressed. it was a nice enough guitar but it didn't feel as good as even a non-prestige S series nevermind any prestige RG.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
no he's not a fan of the pro series because it's not Jacksons top of the line model and the prestige models are ibanez's top of the line models.

J-Customs?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
get the jackson, jacksons destroy ibanez
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by LP_CL
J-Customs?

they're limited edition models

and then you have the LACS models.

you might as well include guitars like the jackson VVV and their custom shop models.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
guyz,,,lemme read ur opinions bout the maple fret board compared to the rosewood fret boards plz...
Well, you see TS, Prestiges arent top of the line either. Far from it it seems.

EDIT:
Maple is harder, more solid. That results in a brighter tone.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
okay and when it comes 2 playing...can u move ur fingers on it like the rosewood or it`s slower?
imo, its faster. but its not about fast or slow, its all about that little bit brighter or not. And the feel of it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
maybe neither? godin freeway floyd? meant to be pretty damn good so give it a look.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by LP_CL
Well, you see TS, Prestiges arent top of the line either. Far from it it seems.

EDIT:
Maple is harder, more solid. That results in a brighter tone.

well considering J.customs are limited edition japan only models and LACS only makes custom guitars for endorsees, the prestige series is effectively top of the available ibanez range.

Quote by element4433
the only way you can know the feel of a maple board in comparison to a rosewood board is to play one, even if it's not the DK2M neck.

Quote by element4433
Quote by aznrockerdude
Alder isn't necessarily better than basswood. Why not look into a RG1570 instead of the 2550z?

+1

i prefer the ibanez. it has a much nicer trem, and if you go for the 2550, the pickups are of similar quality to the jackson's. i'd personally go for the 1570, though, as that way you can upgrade to your choice of pickups.

Quote by steven seagull
Inferior bridge.

exactly.

Quote by LP_CL
(a) Are you like dumb?
Christ.

(b) And the JT580LP is ALOT better then the edge3. Shame on you to compare those two! Offcourse it isnt OFR quality, but its not far behind at all.
(c) Aside from the trem being better on the ibanez, the Jackson is the more interesting guitar here:

(a) his point is that since jackson is an american company, its best models are made in the USA. Its japanese models generally won't be as good as the USA models, as if they were, no-one would pay a premium for the US-made ones. I should add, though, that the SL3 is a very nice guitar, and it's MIJ- but the pro series, the ones i've tried anyway, have felt a step-down from MIJ ibanez prestige.

Ibanez is a japanese company, and its high-end models are made in japan. granted j-customs are higher-end than prestiges, of course, but then jackson have a ton of different models too.

(b) i'd agree that the jt is better than an edge III, but it's not as good as an original edge, edge pro, OFR, etc.

(c) most of that is preference...

Quote by LP_CL
imo, its faster. but its not about fast or slow, its all about that little bit brighter or not. And the feel of it.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2