For you Audiophiles on UG, whatcha got?

Marantz 2100 tuner.

Pioneer SA-7700

Tangent T-50's

(Invalid img)

Not my pictures. I can't crank it past 3 without it destroying my ears.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
i am but im not going to go look at what my stuff is
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Awesome Panasonic over-the-head headphones, which double as speakers in an intimate environment, they're so loud and clear. Altec Lansing speakers for my computer, and a big Sony stereo that's alright.

Aren't we also consider audiophiles if we collect lossless files? I'm into collecting bootlegs, so I have a 750 gb external hard drive and most of the shows I listen to are in .flac or .shn formats.

For any more information on collecting bootlegs, PM me or go to the CR forum .
For headphones I've got Sennheiser HD280 Pros. My speakers aren't anything special though. As for music, I have no transcodes and everything is 192 VBR or better, mostly V0. Most of my FLACs are of live soundboard recordings while I also have some SHNs from audience recordings.
It's funny because most of the stuff you listen to will have been recorded on the lowest budget possible, your expensive equipment will, if anything, only reveal production flaws. Also lol at anyone who prefers vinyl; everything nowadays being recorded digitally in the first place.

Other than that, I mean to one day get a decent set of monitors and studio headphones.
I don't have the money for fancy shit like that... but if it counts, I keep all my music at the highest bitrate possible for mp3s, and love vinyl for its quality
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Quote by Vermintide
It's funny because most of the stuff you listen to will have been recorded on the lowest budget possible, your expensive equipment will, if anything, only reveal production flaws. Also lol at anyone who prefers vinyl; everything nowadays being recorded digitally in the first place.

Other than that, I mean to one day get a decent set of monitors and studio headphones.

That is why you get older albums on vinyl and newer stuff on cd. Simple really.
My speakers and stuff are all pretty standard to be honest... I'm always quick to point out crap quality MP3 or something though. Most people I know can't tell the difference between a CD and Mp3.
Quote by Vermintide
Also lol at anyone who prefers vinyl; everything nowadays being recorded digitally in the first place.

There is some new material that's mixed better on vinyl 'cause you can't compress it as much. Stadium Arcadium is a good example. And then there's old records.

I don't actually own any vinyl yet or even a working turntable, but when I get a job I'm going to start collecting.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Joe-Fish

Pioneer SA-7700

my dad had the exact same one but replaced it for a cambridge set up. when i get my own place I might nick it.
Like as in production stuff??

I've got:
M-Audio FW Solo recording interface
Logic Express, NI's Battery 3, Guitar Rig 3, Reason 4 and few more random production softwares and virtual synths/instruments.
Novation ReMote 25SL compact MIDI controller keyboard (similar one to what Trent Reznor uses on stage).
Sennheise HD 205 headphones.
Quote by Chips-
There is some new material that's mixed better on vinyl 'cause you can't compress it as much. Stadium Arcadium is a good example. And then there's old records.

I don't actually own any vinyl yet or even a working turntable, but when I get a job I'm going to start collecting.

Stuff that is recorded well I love. Just doesn't bring much advantage in the vast majority of cases. A friend of mine has a pair of Technics decks and an impressive collection of house on vinyl. Shit is so cash.
Quote by FireandFlames
I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH A500 headphones

They were a steal for $90

Haha I'm sitting her on my computer looking at my headphones.

I'm like, "they look the same as his. audio-technica...check. ATH...check. M20...

Although, they are good for monitoring recordings (which is what they're made for). My head's not big enough I think.
Last edited by st.stephen at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by st.stephen
Haha I'm sitting her on my computer looking at my headphones.

I'm like, "they look the same as his. audio-technica...check. ATH...check. M20...

Although, they are good for monitoring recordings (which is what they're made for). My head's not big enough I think.

Haha

yeah Audio-Technicas are REALLY nice for monitoring, even gaming. The soundstage on them is ridiculous.