I'm Trying to play stricken, and holy diver and Some other songs And my amp doesn't sound right. I'm a noob When it comes to this kinda stuff. And I don't know what kind of amp it is because I borrowed it from my friend.
...so next time you use the amp look at the front and see the name tag on it, then ask your friend what type of amp it is and such....

If the amp is cheap and crappy you cant get great sounds out of it and ontop of that I truly believe you have to use a product for a while (be it an amp, guitar, or software) before you can get the most out of it.
Well I've been using it for about a year already and It's in my basement so I'll go look at the name tag
He said He got it for $250.
Frontman. It won't do metal.

Please read the stickies of this forum. They will educate you on how gain, and tone work and how to tell the difference between amps.
I'm thinking about bying a new amp for my birthday, Are there any good amps for $200 up to $400 ? Or if I have to I will spend $500 if I seriously need to. I might buy it tomorrow so I need good answers. I guess I'll be telling my friend to come get his amp.
Quote by Jimboner23
I'm thinking about bying a new amp for my birthday, Are there any good amps for $200 up to $400 ? Or if I have to I will spend $500 if I seriously need to. I might buy it tomorrow so I need good answers. I guess I'll be telling my friend to come get his amp.

Do you play in a band or home environment?
What styles of music do you play?
If you are only playing at home, Roland Cube 30. 60 if you want to jam sometime.
another option is a Modded Epiphone Valve-junior.
But if you're only playing metal at home a Cube 30 will be fine for you