I play quads in the marching band

We had a football game tonight, during our halftime show I fell. It wasn't too bad, and it was a shitty school we were playing, so I'm not that worried, but when you have 32 pounds of drums, trying to jog backwards, about 10-15 yards, I mean it's not THAT hard you know? Well I guess it is. So here I was going to the next set, and I'm not sure if I tripped on somebody out of spot, or my section leader next to me, but I fell backwards and my drums came back onto me. It took me probably in the range of 15-20 seconds to get back up and by then we were going on with the second song. I realized after only the people that were on the field behind me saw me, so that made me feel loads better, but now I feel unworthy to play. Describe your similar experiances, and give me advice for getting back into my playing good groove.
That happened to me when I was in High School...I played the Alto, and the girl next to me tripped me, causing me to twist my ankle. I limed the rest of the show.

( She didn't do it intentionally, she fell first. )
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
at my schools biggest football game of the year my team won and everyone hopped the fence (just me and 8 other guys) and a huge coach tackled me hardcore style in front of my whole school =[
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
The worst I've had was bumping into people and almost hitting judges who didn't see me coming.....My friend says it's pretty hard to control quads while marching compared to his old bass drum.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last year, during one of our football games, there was a huge pile up of about 15 flutes, all falling. The worst thing that happened to me was this morning, (I'm bass 5) and I couldn't see the stair and I almost fell, but I caught my self.

We just got our second song on the field, barely.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Last year, during one of our football games, there was a huge pile up of about 15 flutes, all falling. The worst thing that happened to me was this morning, (I'm bass 5) and I couldn't see the stair and I almost fell, but I caught my self.

We just got our second song on the field, barely.

Yeah we marched our first, and stood to play our 2nd.
quads are hardcore.

my school's drumline is frikken badass. I'm jealous.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I can't describe my similar experiences, because I'm graceful.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by the_strikes
Yeah we marched our first, and stood to play our 2nd.

Our band is maybe one of the best in Nebraska, or it was the past 20 years, (this year may be different) and I would never want to park and blow. I just think it's really lame.

Our first song is almost 100% down, second song is getting there, although drumline doesn't play at all, and third, we haven't even started. The drill writer wanted the first 10 sets of number three on by tomorrow.

We'll see how this year goes. We're going to our first out of state show, and it's with pretty elite bands.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Our band is maybe one of the best in Nebraska, or it was the past 20 years, (this year may be different) and I would never want to park and blow. I just think it's really lame.

Our first song is almost 100% down, second song is getting there, although drumline doesn't play at all, and third, we haven't even started. The drill writer wanted the first 10 sets of number three on by tomorrow.

We'll see how this year goes. We're going to our first out of state show, and it's with pretty elite bands.

if you don't mind me asking, where do you go to school?

I noticed you also live in omaha.

Quote by Its_Rock77
if you don't mind me asking, where do you go to school?

I noticed you also live in omaha.

Millard North. Our drumline placed 2nd and 3rd every contest last year, then at State, we dropped to 17th because it wasn't a "showcased drumline." That's what he said on the recording.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Millard North. Our drumline placed 2nd and 3rd every contest last year, then at State, we dropped to 17th because it wasn't a "showcased drumline." That's what he said on the recording.

oh I see. a millard kid.

I would ask you if you know some people but let's not go out of our way to find a real life connection, okay?

but you guys sound pretty sweet. I wish I knew exactly how our drumline does, but from what I understand we have a decently talented band.

Quote by Its_Rock77
oh I see. a millard kid.

I would ask you if you know some people but let's not go out of our way to find a real life connection, okay?

but you guys sound pretty sweet. I wish I knew exactly how our drumline does, but from what I understand we have a decently talented band.

Where do you go? If you go to any competitions, maybe we'll play each other.
Follow me on Twitter
You guys seriously just jacked my thread lol. Whats your line look like? Our's is 4 S.D.'s, 2 Quads, 5 Tenors, 8 cymbals, and 11 B.D.'s
Quote by brandon369852
Where do you go? If you go to any competitions, maybe we'll play each other.

I go to Elkhorn. we just moved up to class A this year, so we're gonna lose in everything.

not that we were winning as it is....but yeah, if we beat you guys in any sport or band or anything, I'll be sure to give you crap about it.

now don't you come and rape me!

Quote by the_strikes
You guys seriously just jacked my thread lol. Whats your line look like? Our's is 4 S.D.'s, 2 Quads, 5 Tenors, 8 cymbals, and 11 B.D.'s

We were still talking about line.

5 snares, 6 cymbals?, 3 tenors(quads) 5 BD.

11 BD?!?!?!?! What the fuck!?!?!?!

We have 3 Freshman cymbals, 2 BD, 1 snare, no tenors, they aren't apart of the varsity band though.

Quote by Its_Rock77
I go to Elkhorn. we just moved up to class A this year, so we're gonna lose in everything.

not that we were winning as it is....but yeah, if we beat you guys in any sport or band or anything, I'll be sure to give you crap about it.

now don't you come and rape me!

Elkhorn wasn't class A last year? I thought we played you guys last year, for the past few years, actually. If it's EHS that I'm thinking about, you guys have a great drumline. You and Millard West( I think MW) were the schools who beat us every competition.
Follow me on Twitter
Lol I know, it got to the point where we asked random people to join because we had the drums.
Quote by brandon369852

Elkhorn wasn't class A last year? I thought we played you guys last year, for the past few years, actually. If it's EHS that I'm thinking about, you guys have a great drumline. You and Millard West( I think MW) were the schools who beat us every competition.

hmmmm....I'm wondering if maybe we've been class A in band? (that can happen, right? )

I know that we just moved up to class A in most sports this year, but I'm not positive about instrumental music. :/

our school is extremely proud of our drumline, so I suppose they're pretty good.

Quote by Its_Rock77
hmmmm....I'm wondering if maybe we've been class A in band? (that can happen, right? )

I know that we just moved up to class A in most sports this year, but I'm not positive about instrumental music. :/

our school is extremely proud of our drumline, so I suppose they're pretty good.

Fuck your drumline.

I'm sure you were "Class A" for band, good luck with your sports program. I want Skutt to get to Class A, just because I don't like Skutt. They suck.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Fuck your drumline.

I'm sure you were "Class A" for band, good luck with your sports program. I want Skutt to get to Class A, just because I don't like Skutt. They suck.

I found Skutt on the bottom of my shoe the other day......

ba dum tsh.

but I suppose we should stop spamming this thread with are conversation It was nice to meet a fellow Nebraskan though.

and TS, that sucks that you fell.
(man, I get on topic fast!)

Quote by Its_Rock77
I found Skutt on the bottom of my shoe the other day......

ba dum tsh.

but I suppose we should stop spamming this thread with are conversation It was nice to meet a fellow Nebraskan though.

and TS, that sucks that you fell.
(man, I get on topic fast!)

Add me.

Last year, a kid fell with his bass drum, and he rolled completely under it.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852

Last year, a kid fell with his bass drum, and he rolled completely under it.

i wish i couldve been there
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I play quads also. theyre a bitch to try to maneuver especially when they randomly go out of place. now i just hit em
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
My highschool marching band sucks.
We've got too many sophomores who don't know how to march, and our first game is tomorrow.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
^