So heres my Bass of the month for September 08, the MIM Fender Power Jazz 2006, which I bought brand new in June of this year at the Rockshop Wellington, and is apparantly one of only 3 or so in New Zealand, though I don't know about that.

Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, blah blah blah its basically the same deluxe fender jazz that we all know and love, it gives great growl, and like all jazzes has a million different tones.
So whats special about it you ask?

The special thing is the Fishman Piezo bridge, which unlike the single coils is active, with one stacked tone/volume knob
This thing is absolutely amazing for tone settings, used by itself it gives a double bassy or acoustic sound, but I like to turn the volume on it down a bit and use it to add a ton of punch to the J-pups. It seems to be set up to emulate the growl of the other pups, and every now and again I get it to a perfect, super growl of a tone, and I only wish I had a couple of 4x12s to play it through .

Its my first "real" bass, after playing through a p-bass clone for over a year or so, so I can't compare it to higher end basses, but it was definitly the best feeling bass in the store, and I loves it to pieces.
Currently strung with Chrome Flats, to give a sound closer to a double-bass.

Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Tort + Sunburst = Always a winner
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)

As much as i try...I just can't like Fenders......Not enough frets....too many sold....

They just look to normal for me....

..even though it is a nice bass.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Miss G
thats one nice looking bass.

I spy d'addario chromes?

Yep, I decided to try them out after seeing your UROTM, plus the name is cool

I'll try get sound clips up later.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I played one of these a while ago and the range of tones was fantastic, I found that the piezo hissed quite a bit though, do you get that problem?

Nice bass though .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I played one of these a while ago and the range of tones was fantastic, I found that the piezo hissed quite a bit though, do you get that problem?

Nice bass though .

Not hiss, but when I turn up the tone to full it gets really sensitive.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
very nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Coolios

swish bass man, swish bass
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
very nice. I never realised the power jazzes had a piezo.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Holy cow, that is one beautiful bass. Sound clips sound clips! ^_^

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Looks really nice and presuming plays amazing. Is that bridge much good havnt seen many like it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
My friend just bought one of these and I could've sworn it was active. Just the piezo is active? That's strange. I'll have to let him know that.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I've been gassing over the power jazz for months! It is what lead to my project bass homemade piezo attemps (which started out so great then failed so miserably )

Are you pretty satisfied with the chrome flats on there? Exactly how double bass thumpy does it get?
I shouldn't look at these pictures anymore, it makes me want something in sunburst lol.
I quite like the look of that piezo bridge. Do you know of anywhere i can get one of them? Or possibly some piezo enabled bridge saddles?

Might have to ask fender about it.....

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
tort + sunburst + jazz bass = win

take note of that max
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
tort + sunburst + jazz bass = win

take note of that max

Max gets out his notepad and jots down what Dan is saying

Max tears out the page, rips it into small pieces then throws it in the bin.

J-Bass FTL

<_<

>_>

It does look nice but it's only partial win, sonic blue + white + precision = epic win.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Musicman Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by elliott FTW
Musicman Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you get a nice tone from the piezo w/ flats on it. Looks good!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
NIICE JAZZ !!!!!! I'm thinkin of getting a Reggie Hamilton Jazz in a local here-(we don't get many good basses in our locals!!!) it plays beautifully & sounds GREAT w/ the P pup & Noiseless J, active/passive too!!
Tubes - warm & bright- keep the fire alight!