. . . .

Are those power chords (The 10s, Xs, and 8s). I have always wondered what those are called. How would you finger this while muting the middle string?

BTW, this is the intro to Alesana's Breaking The Hourglass (tabbed by Freakywi).
Wrong forum, use whatever finger you use to fret the 10th fret and move it up so it's lightly touching the D string to mute it but also fretting the 10th fret. Btw it's called Left hand damping.
They're octave chords. I don't know if thats the real name, but you're playing the root and its octave.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
Yeah I just call those octaves, or octave power chords.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite