Hey is there any person in the general San Diego area, that would be able to build a custom amp with settings similar to the Rectifier series? Any contact info would be great thx
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
Quote by Hamer098
Hey is there any person in the general San Diego area, that would be able to build a custom amp with settings similar to the Rectifier series? Any contact info would be great thx

Your better off buying a mesa rectifier if that is what you want. An amp like that will be very difficult to design or even to build from a schematic unless you have a pcb layout already. It would also be more expensive to have it custom built than to buy it from Mesa. If you don't want to spend that much money you may want to take a look at some of the Carvin amps. I liked the V3 personally.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Sep 5, 2008,
Yeah, a custom amp is likely to cost twice as much. Better off getting the Mesa or, like XgamerGt04 said, a Carvin.

If you are really really short on cash, you could look at maybe a POD or something.
I are chav.
hmm i have around 2k to spend, my dad got a mesa dual like 3 months ago and i really like it, wanted to get a custom mesa but the custom options are really expensive so i though it woud be cheaper just to build one...
^can't help you in terms of what who to go to, but if you have the money and do find somebody, a handwired rectifier type amp will sound better than a real mesa. www.mojotone.com has a kit called the raccaforte that is only $950 and it's supposed to be similar to a Mesa but I wouldn't know from personal experiance. If you can't find an amp builder that already has something designed, you might be able to find one that will put a kit together for you.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^can't help you in terms of what who to go to, but if you have the money and do find somebody, a handwired rectifier type amp will sound better than a real mesa. www.mojotone.com has a kit called the raccaforte that is only $950 and it's supposed to be similar to a Mesa but I wouldn't know from personal experiance. If you can't find an amp builder that already has something designed, you might be able to find one that will put a kit together for you.

Not always true. PCB amps are truly an art because of their consistency. If a manufacturer, and mesa is one that does do well with this, takes the time to really come up with a good layout then it is much easier to produce consistent sound all of the time. The biggest problem with ptp amps is that two amps of the same run can sound different depending on how the wiring is done.

Like i said though, Carvin amps are very nice. Bogner amps are also amazing if your up in the 2k. Its around 2.5k for a Bogner Uberschall and the amp is one hell of an amazing amp.
yea i looked at bogner and framus, not really what im looking for, a dual or triple rectifier and mabbie that carvin v3 but i didnt jam on it yet..
Quote by Hamer098
yea i looked at bogner and framus, not really what im looking for, a dual or triple rectifier and mabbie that carvin v3 but i didnt jam on it yet..

its a bit difficult to find a V3 to try out. I have friends who own higher end amps and was lucky to find a v3 and a bogner. Carvin also makes the Legacy amps which are specifically designed for Steve Vai.