I've seen a lot of brands with guitars meant for "students"

And i've received mixed reviews. Apparently baldwin/gibson sucks more than any other guitar ever made period. And the PRS is supposed to be good.

So how would a PRS tremonti se stack up to a epiphone les paul of similar price?
uh, gibson does not suck. it sucks for what you pay. but, that's because people either
1) cant haggle
2) dont know about ebay
3) dont know about craigslist (better becuase it's cheaper and you can go try it out)
4) dont know how to haggle on craigslist...
5) think guitars are fake because it's waaay cheaper used

yeah... i played an epi les paul, and a gibson les paul standard. and lemme tell you.. the gibson is probably one of the nicest playing guitars i've laid my hands on. i'd never buy a prs because they are not made for metal. and i dont like how the bodies are shaped.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
uh, gibson does not suck. it sucks for what you pay. but, that's because people either
1) cant haggle
2) dont know about ebay
3) dont know about craigslist (better becuase it's cheaper and you can go try it out)
4) dont know how to haggle on craigslist...
5) think guitars are fake because it's waaay cheaper used

yeah... i played an epi les paul, and a gibson les paul standard. and lemme tell you.. the gibson is probably one of the nicest playing guitars i've laid my hands on. i'd never buy a prs because they are not made for metal. and i dont like how the bodies are shaped.

He was talking about the GIBSON/BALDWIN guitars, they're the student cheapo editions with gibson on the headstock, which are terrible. I tried on one time, the fretboard felt dry, the pups were ghastly, and i swear it had a warp in the neck, the paint job was nice, and the only thing that would have made someone buy it without trying it is the gibson on the headstock. Now the PRS SE edition are like the lower level PRS' but they're still PRS and made well, I tried the tremonti SE and it was pretty sweet, the feel, and the way it sounded wasnt bad, i was impressed, but in th eend you have to decide on what you think suits your style/feels right.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.