I've had an RG320DXQM for a while; the guitar itself is very nice, but the trem isn't all that good.

If you don't mind blocking/replacing the trem after a while, than it's a great instrument.

You might want to look at the RG2EX1, the RG321 and other hardtail RGs, as they're the same in terms of quality, but they will spare you all the hassle associated with a cheap trem.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i looked at RG321 and i think it only 300 bucks also and lot of ppl recommend it. so if both guitar have same price and same quality. the only diff is old one have tremb and new one dont so which one do u think i should get?

also what do u mean by replace the tremb, is it difficulty?
Quote by zerocrack
i looked at RG321 and i think it only 300 bucks also and lot of ppl recommend it. so if both guitar have same price and same quality. the only diff is old one have tremb and new one dont so which one do u think i should get?

also what do u mean by replace the tremb, is it difficulty?

If it's a choice between the two, go for the RG321.

Cheap trems (like the one on the RG320) wear out quite quickly. This means that they loose their ability to return to pitch perfectly after use, causing tuning instability.

When this happens, you can block the trem (either with a bit of wood or something like a Tremol-no) or replace it.

Depending on the age of the guitar, it will either have an Edge Pro II or an Edge III; the latter can be swapped (almost) directly with an OFR, the first with an Edge Pro.

Swapping them might require a little work and a new trem can cost quite a lot.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Sep 5, 2008,
thanks, look like i am gonna pick up RG321 after all. 1 small question, i think i saw some different model of RG321 like RG321DX or RG321EX or something like that. Are there any different among them?