I am maybe going to build my own neck... but i love like solid piece necks... and i have some bass wood that i was thinking about using.... but if i have one full solid neck then how am i going to get the truss rod in? and how would bass wood be for a neck and the fretboard?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
basswood wouldn't be any good for necks, its to soft and would bend easily....it has been used in rare cases but is reinforced with carbonfibre strips to stiffen it........as for a one piece neck to install the truss rod you rout out the back of the neck and install it that way, then you clue in a strip of wood where you routed
oh ok... well thanks for the help... i'll try and find some better wood than...
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Do you mean a 1 peice neck with a finger board glue on top, or a 1 peice neck including the fingerboard?

If you are going to glue a fretboard ontop then you can route the truss rod from above.

quarter sawn maple is a good bet for a first try building a 1 peice neck.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
one full piece... including the fretboard...
Then yeah you will have to do it fender style... from behind

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
WOW... thanks for that lol...
Basswood has been used before?

I wouldn't think it would work at all, its so soft..
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.