Hey, I'm looking for really weird sounding pedals, like ring modulators, pitch shifters, anything like that! Or also ways to make weird sounds without pedals!

So tell my what ya know!
John mayer uses a POG i think for the sound in this video at 4:24. i think it sounds sick....
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Someone made a thread about a broken wah pedal that made high pitch squeals. You could go buy it off him!
If you use a program like Max/MSP, you can create your own effects and control them with... well, controllers!

You can set up as many delays, pitch shifters, etc. as you like, and run them all through each other in any configuration you choose. I'm not saying that a program can totally replace the best pedals, but you'll definitely get some sounds from this setup that wouldn't be possible without wasting tons of money.

edit: Oh yeah, this probably belongs in the gear forum. I'll move it
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
This is a cool sound i get.

Wah in fixed position > octace down pedal>phaser set as fast as possible> delay with every thing on full>reverb on full.

Then turn the delay time nob down on the delay really slowly and keep moving it up and down and alter the speed of the wah whilst tapping your guitar strings with a drum stick. leave near a guitar amp that is on full and feedbacking like crazy when you ready to leave the stage turn the delay time nob right down and just let the amp feed back. walk of stage and signal to the sound guys to switch of your amp.

Thats how my band ends a show. works great and really sounds amazing.
Quote by The_0thersid3
This is a cool sound i get.

Wah in fixed position > octace down pedal>phaser set as fast as possible> delay with every thing on full>reverb on full.

Then turn the delay time nob down on the delay really slowly and keep moving it up and down and alter the speed of the wah whilst tapping your guitar strings with a drum stick. leave near a guitar amp that is on full and feedbacking like crazy when you ready to leave the stage turn the delay time nob right down and just let the amp feed back. walk of stage and signal to the sound guys to switch of your amp.

Thats how my band ends a show. works great and really sounds amazing.

The Pixies?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

whammy pedal baby!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
the guy from aphex twin (i know they not a guitar band...wateva) and he used to take keyboards apart and mess with the circuits...like moving stuff around and addin bits in. that could work for a pedal!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Talk boxes are kinda weirded i don't like them but you can get some weird sounds outta one of them if you have it in your rig
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Digitech Space Station, if you can score one off of ebay, cause its discontinued. there's a good demo of it on youtube. best pedal ever, imo.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Zvex Fuzz Factory works for noise.
I also love looping a really heavy riff, then on top cranking my distortion/fuzz with a wah in front. Makes for great white noise, and can actually add a lot of intensity to an already intense climax. Mono makes great use of this technique.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
You should try listening to Melt Banana that should let your hear some weird pedal sounds then look at their set up.
buy a bunch of cheap ass danelectro pedals, and take out random wires and components, maybe trash the PC board or whatever's on the inside, Some guy on youtube has a fried Dan Echo that just occilates like mad when turned on after it got electrocuted.
I love this thread...-takes notes-

I use my RP250 tomodulate dela settings. ****ing owns.

EHX Micro synth ftw
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
oh yea, not sure if you play bass, but I plugged mineinto my Zoom recording thing, then routed it to my MG, and put on the Big Bottom Model (I believe a Bogner Uberschall amp model), Flang at the max settings, compression up to max, and like a really big cab sim, and got feedback like balls, but by swelling the volume and rubbing the bass on stuff I got some REALLY cool sounds! Try that with guitar if you've got like flang or phasers.
The Fm-4 can get some pretty crazy synth sounds it has so much stuff you can really mess around with it and get some really differant stuff.
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
Take out one of your pickups and put in a squirrel...

OR, do all the things you're not "supposed" to. Get your guitars real close to the amp. Use anything BUT a pick to strum with (violin bow, someone elses shoe while they're wearing it, hold it near a dog that's wagging it's tail, etc.) connect all your pedals together in the wrong order (not in an FX loop).

Forget some rules and you'll learn something! (Whether or not it will be what you want, I couldn't say)