has anyone heard about the World of Warcraft soundtrack that's available on iTunes? I was loggin into WoW, and on the splash screen, it says that 6 songs are now available through iTunes. I do like WoW, but I find that just sad... Am I alone in this?
I've never played WoW, but music is music, regardless of whether it's from a video game or not. I can understand why people would want to purchase it (and there are some crazy video game music aficionados out there) and why composers would want their work to be taken seriously and not be undermined because it's being used in a video game.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I've never played WoW, but music is music, regardless of whether it's from a video game or not. I can understand why people would want to purchase it (and there are some crazy video game music aficionados out there) and why composers would want their work to be taken seriously and not be undermined because it's being used in a video game.

i can understand that music is music, i agree, but WoW music is meant to stay in WoW. even people who r into music from LOTR and such don't generally just listen to WoW music
Quote by K Dizzle
i can understand that music is music, i agree, but WoW music is meant to stay in WoW. even people who r into music from LOTR and such don't generally just listen to WoW music

Right, but it must be profitable and marketable if they're putting it up for sale on iTunes so someone must be buying it
Quote by condork
I got it!.....i am sad... yes

u seriously got it?

i believe that deserves a high five... unfortunately, there's no high five smiley, but i'm sending you high five vibes through my thoughts
Last edited by K Dizzle at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by K Dizzle
u seriously got it?

i believe that deserves a high five... unfortunately, there's no high five smiley, but i'm sending you high five vibes through my thoughts

yeah seriously, I got a book on how to speak kligon and elven somewhere too

High Five Telepathically returned.
Quote by condork
yeah seriously, I got a book on how to speak kligon and elven somewhere too

High Five Telepathically returned.

does it sound somewhat pleasing, or is it similar to being raped in the ear by a large russian man?
I still have some of the Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness songs pop into my head now and again even though I haven't played the game in years. If the songs back then were that catchy I can't see why WoW wouldn't be able to have a semi decent collection of tracks. Not to mention Blizzard games are always amazing in pretty much every aspect.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by condork
I got it!.....i am sad... yes

You know if you have WoW downloaded on your computer you could probably go through the program files and find the MP3's in some folder, no?
Quote by RU Experienced?
You know if you have WoW downloaded on your computer you could probably go through the program files and find the MP3's in some folder, no?

ya, u'd think... which also helps to make me confused
Quote by RU Experienced?

They arent MP3 files they are something weird that you cant convert, or even access as seperate souns unless using movie making sofftware to pull em out and put it in machinima.
Quote by RU Experienced?

i think the wow music is like that of LOTR in certain aspects - but i know some people COULD download it off wow somehow - i found it on youtube..... but i don't think i would actually BUY it on itunes, madly in love with wow as i am ^_^
I've already learned the first 3 songs on guitar.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
I've already learned the first 3 songs on guitar.

I call a liar
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

What makes it sad? Just because some random people said ''wow is for nerds''? Lets all jump in the bandwagon. Music from Warcraft ( not only wow ) are quite fine pieces of art and that's pretty degrading aganst the musicians who are behind them. I'm not going to buy them, but it's good that I have already gotten through the stage where I don't care what other people think.

Edit: Yes I'm a nerd, and sad for that matter
Last edited by Naem at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by Naem
What makes it sad? Just because some random people said ''wow is for nerds''? Lets all jump in the bandwagon. Music from Warcraft ( not only wow ) are quite fine pieces of art and that's pretty degrading aganst the musicians who are behind them. I'm not going to buy them, but it's good that I have already gotten through the stage where I don't care what other people think.

okay - here goes - the WoW music is ****ING AMAZING!!!!!

people can say what they like about certain types of music, but it's all our own opinion, i mean i like majority of music form johnny cash and bruce springsteen to eminem and my chemical romance! and i was in LOVE with james blunt!!!! Music is a way to express things we cannot voice, and **** those that say otherwise!!!!!!! >=)

okay, i kinda lost it at the end, but you get the drift, right?
There is a lot of work put into the World of Warcraft soundtrack and the people behind the compositions deserve to have their work recognized by more than just the people that play it.

There's nothing "nerdy" about WoW music... it's music, plain and simple.
Quote by Tezza_Larks
The wow music is crap anyway

That's pretty far stretched. I can say for sure that it isn't crap. More appropriate way for saying it is that it isn't your style. I don't even think there is truly crap music, only opinions.