My uncle used to play bass in a band when he was in High School but he stopped after he graduated. Today, when my dad and sister came home from my grandparent's house, (a bunch of the family was there visiting, I didn't go though) there was this bass guitar and amp sitting there. My dad told me that my uncle was giving these to me as a gift, just out of the blue.

The bass is a 5 string Washburn B-105 from the "Chicago" series. There's no serial number on the back so I don't know what year it was made. Frets 8 - 22 are sanded off, I don't remember why. The amp is a Peavey Mark IV from 1982. I took some photos:

15" speaker in that cabinet.

I've never played bass before but I am happy that my uncle wanted to pass his gear down to me. I've got it tuned up and am already learning the bass lines Seether's song "Sympathetic".
the amp looks sick dunno bout the bass ive never played a bass thats had its frets removed that didnt sound like shit
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Cool, I love gear from the 80's, it looks cool (unlike the rest of the 80's).
Having the higher frets sanded off should be interesting, good luck with your new/old gear.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
SCORE lol it sucks i'm the first guitarist in my family lol so i cant even borrow gear off family members or anything lol
good score!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
That stuf is incredible! What a score!
Definately learn to play that thing man, I cant believe you uncle just GAVE you that even though you dont play bass.

MAAAAADDD!!!!!
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
Very nice and congrats. What a wonderful gift!

So when you say the frets have been filed down, do you mean its been made fretless above the 8th fret or its been scalloped? If its fretless, then your uncle or someone else was trying to get a more fretless tone probably for solo work. Scalloped, they were probably trying to do a Billy Sheehan on the bass.
wild. a half fretless? nice. good gear.

good luck!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
your gonna love that amp!! i owned and used one for almost 5yrs. very reliable, built
like a tank. 200watts, 2 channels. i think it was one of Peavey's best amps for it's time period. they still are relativly popular. music, the gift that keeps on giving.
Very nice. Washburn makes a solid bass...I have a XB-100 I got from a friend for cheap, its one of their starter basses but it still plays nicer than some Fenders ive played.

And im very jealous of that amp...cherish it, or i'll steal it.
spaghetti-etti-etti
you fill me up with you carbohydrates
and energize me with simple sugars <3
I actually have the same amp setup (except the same cab is 2x15") as my backup. It's pretty nice. You better get good now.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
That peavy looks pretty orgasmic... Not sure about the bass though.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
your gonna love that amp!! i owned and used one for almost 5yrs. very reliable, built
like a tank. 200watts, 2 channels. i think it was one of Peavey's best amps for it's time period. they still are relativly popular. music, the gift that keeps on giving.

With you all the way there, IMHO the MkIV was just about the best Bass amp Peavey made.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn