Hello all

I am planning to buy a new electric very soon, wondering what i will get in my price range (which is around $500). I use Dropped D or C tunings a lot and play mostly alternative rock and punk stuff. Any ideas on which guitar should i buy? I was thinkin of an Ibanez RG..But not sure on which model.
An Ibanez RG would be good, but do you often switch between tunings? If you often switch i'd have to recommend a guitar without a floyd rose.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Last edited by ItWillDo at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by ItWillDo
An Ibanez RG would be good, but do you often switch between tunings? If you often switch i'd have to recommend a guitar with a floyd rose.

a guitar with a floyd rose would be the worst guitar you could get if you switch tunings constantly
if someone switches tuning often you have to recommend a guitar without wammy at all
No i dont switch that much, just between Dropped C or Down 1 step.

I like heavy distortions, u know fat ones... besides i love my clean tones very clean..
Quote by Gnomestar
a guitar with a floyd rose would be the worst guitar you could get if you switch tunings constantly

Yeah I meant to say without...

My bad there.

My Youtube Page

any guitar will do if you down tune, but for punky stuff i reccomend an ESP/LTD eclipse or somesort, cos they do cleans and distortion
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking

My Youtube Page