Today I've already broken the cable to my electric AND the g-string on my acoustic , so does anyone know something I can play with just the other 5 (that isn't the main riff to come as you are)?
Quote by evilnatasking
I can play drums but I have no experience or own any drums.
em.........i dont think any exist to be honest (not that i can think of), why dont u just go to the music store and buy a new set of strings/cable.
Buy A New - Set of Strings

/lameness

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
come on people, that is obviously out of the posibillity, mebbie the next music store is 25miles away or something like that... but sorry I can't think of anything either, just play and improvise something
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Buy A New - Set of Strings

/lameness

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Wow, I'm in a similar crisis. A couple days ago, I posted a thread about my G-String problem but people... misinterpreted it and I got my thread deleted.

If you can't buy new strings, I recommend Southern Weather by The Almost. It sounds just as good on Acoustic.
just play the intro to 'come as you are' by nirvana over and over and over again until your head explodes and then you won't need to worry about buying new strings.
OK, was a long shot, thanks anyway.
Quote by evilnatasking
Quote by larrytheguitar
Wow, I'm in a similar crisis. A couple days ago, I posted a thread about my G-String problem but people... misinterpreted it and I got my thread deleted.

... did you break your G-string whilst fingering A minor?
Quote by larrytheguitar

If you can't buy new strings, I recommend Southern Weather by The Almost. It sounds just as good on Acoustic.

Cool, thanks, that actually does sound nice acoustic.
Quote by evilnatasking
If I were in your position I'd probably put my guitar in a dropped tuning and look for some songs that are primarily or entirely power chords.
Quote by tom183
If I were in your position I'd probably put my guitar in a dropped tuning and look for some songs that are primarily or entirely power chords.

That is clever. I will be able to pick up some strings at some point though, this was more of a curiosity thing than anything else.
Quote by evilnatasking
when you can, buy two or more sets of strings.
"if anything can go wrong, it will" - Murphy

But yea, you can do Californication minus the solo. Doesn't matter that you don't hit the string in Am, you've already got an A and you can substitute Fmaj7/A for Fmaj7
Quote by brasuca6
when you can, buy two or more sets of strings.
"if anything can go wrong, it will" - Murphy

But yea, you can do Californication minus the solo. Doesn't matter that you don't hit the string in Am, you've already got an A and you can substitute Fmaj7/A for Fmaj7

Interesting, would it be valid to alter the C-chord to be 332X10 in a music-theory sense to correct for the missing g-tone, given that it's not in the same octave?

...similarly Dm going from XX0231 to X00X31 to account for the missing a-tone?
Quote by evilnatasking
Interesting, would it be valid to alter the C-chord to be 332X10 in a music-theory sense to correct for the missing g-tone, given that it's not in the same octave?

Yes. Also try x32x13

similarly Dm going from XX0231 to X00X31 to account for the missing a-tone?

Again yes. Its not gonna sound perfect but you cant expect it to when you're missing a string.
Quote by Lionsmash
a few songs can be played without g string

seven nation army
everlong
moby dick
Dear lord, did you actually join the forum so you could respond to an 8 year old thread? I'm sure this dude has got his new G-string in order, and a part as an extra in, "Magic Mike" by now.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 24, 2016,