Does anyone else think he is EXTREMELY overrated?
I mean, so many people who play guitar at my school seem extremely wowed by his playing on 'Canon Rock', but I find it extremely boring.
Sure, there are a couple of flourishes, several sweep/tapping parts that might actually take a day to learn O: but really, other than that, I found his version of 'Pachelbel's Canon In D', well, not at all amazing.
Am I the only one sane in this world?
Or am I the crazy one...
I thought this was about Jerry Cantrell, but anyway.
His version is very impressive, and kudos to him for it, but there are many people others out there that took his idea and made it better.
RULE BRITANNIA
Canon is better on the instruments it was intended for.
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Hey, you gotta admit that his arrangement of Canon in a rock context is done extremely well. Also the fact that it became an instrumental guitar piece that reached and hooked the mainstream audience is something special too.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
mm, he is a bit overrated but he is still a good guitarist, I've gotten sick of that version of canon that just about everyone on youtube has put up there
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Woo! From the looks of things I'm really not the only one
XD
And I totally agree with rusty-knives and GuitarHero0715 that the original from the Baroque period is definitely superior.

But Night_Lights does have a point, he arranged it fairly well, and got guitar a little more popular in mainstream eyes.

Still, he is overrated.
Quote by Night_Lights
Hey, you gotta admit that his arrangement of Canon in a rock context is done extremely well. Also the fact that it became an instrumental guitar piece that reached and hooked the mainstream audience is something special too.

This.

And delete this thread. It serves no purpose other than to boost your, apparent, low self-esteem by trying to find people on the internet who agree with you.
There is no such thing as over-rated. Think about that logically. If it's not as good as it's made out to be then why the **** is it so popular?

I'm not a huge fan of it myself and most people I've met who are familiar with it don't think it's as good as you claim people do.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Last edited by Caressing Death at Sep 5, 2008,
Listen to other stuff that he wrote, they're better than Canon Rock.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer