I wasnt aware i was getting charged for going over my monthly usage limit for downloads on BT broadband..i assumed they would just stop your downloading when you peaked! They have charged me 80 pounds over the year.

Is there any providers who dont charge?
I think BT offer a TOTAL broadband or broadband deal with unlimited/very high usage allowance.

Check the website.

Edit - I just had a look. I think I am on option 3, which allows unlimited downloading. W00t. £25 a month.

For £20 a month you can get 15gb of downloads. Surely that's a fair bit.
Last edited by Jackolas at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by Jackolas
I think BT offer a TOTAL broadband or broadband deal with unlimited/very high usage allowance.

Check the website.

Edit - I just had a look. I think I am on option 3, which allows unlimited downloading. W00t. £25 a month.

For £20 a month you can get 15gb of downloads. Surely that's a fair bit.

eh..i downloaded 120Gbs in August! Got charged 30 quid. I really hate bt because of their customer service etc anyone else..but it needs to be unlimited, reliable and accept xbox live connection.
tiscali offer an unlimited download limit for a reasonable price
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
tiscali offer an unlimited download limit for a reasonable price

dont think they are so good with xbox live tho.
With the internet i have it goes down to dialup speed when i go over my cap.
I'm capped atm, It is well and truly ghey!
I love white guitars!
The simple fact is that bandwidth is expensive. The concept of "unlimited bandwidth" is hazy in definition, they will usually reduce your speed to keep you under a usage quota so although you're not being presented with a fixed allowance each month you're still being limited. This is often in the small-print of your contract under a fair-use policy and while it's slightly dishonest it's the only way service providers can turn a profit because the price they have to pay BT for bandwidth is shocking.

Basically your options are to go with an "unlimited usage" package that restricts your speeds or go with a provider such as NewNet who provide a bandwidth monitor and the ability to top-up your allowance on a monthly basis rather than just giving you a huge bill later.