I am looking at buying this 7 string guitar http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-7-Electric-Guitar?sku=513104
or one like it and i was wondering if I could make it so instead of having the extra string be a low B,if i could make it so I have a extra high string.so have the string gauges be like-8,10,13,21,28,36,42 or something like that.is it possible and if so would i have to take it to a shop to get it customized,thanks
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
I don't see why it would be a problem but what would u tune it to?

Would you have the 1st and 2nd strings as E's? The next common note for that string would be an A but i doubt the string would hold quite well without snapping easily.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
EADGBea is possible but you'll probably snap 8s a lot

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If you're going to use a high A-string, a baritone scale, which the Damien 7 has, is probably not the best choice. I'd suggest an Ibanez instead, which is 25,5.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
i was looking at the scheter and a ibanez and i guess i will just have to buy a lot of extra string packs if i keep snapping them but im okay with that
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
Definatly get a 25.5" scale 7 string if you want a high a, you can start on 9s but you'll probaably end up using a lot of 8s

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
There are players out there that do that...no reason that you can try it.
I've got a couple 7 stringers, so that thought has crossed my mind many times too.
.009 & .008's don't work worth a crap...they typically snap as you bring them up to pitch...if not then, for sure on the first 2 step bend that you try to do. I've been wacked a couple times now trying to string one up that way.

There is a company out there these days that makes/sells single strings that go as thin as .006...I just can't remember who the hell it is.
I will post it on here if I can find the company....I saw it in a Guitar World issue from not too long ago.

Don