Yeah I just saw this on the news too. Not very interesting really.
i guess my personality is perfect, because i listen to nearly every style of (guitar) music.

Spose people who listen to BTBAM, are in a winning situation.
read that in metro this morning, apparently classical and heavy metal fans are extremely similar........ i aways thought that anyway after S&M

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
no surprises in there for me at all
it all makes perfect sense
most people i know that like the different genres are as that article suggests...obviously there's some who aren't, but overall i think it's bang on true.

-rob
I'm gentle, lack self belief and not very hardworking.

Me down to a T.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
So, say if.. like myself, you evenly like and appreciate just about anything your presented?

multiple personalities.
they should lock you up in the crazy house
it's all true. everything.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
and lovers of pop music are uncreative

True, Seeing as the only good chord-only songs on the top 100 imho, are Wonderwall, Somewhere Over The Rainbow What A Wonderful World, and Hotel California (Although there are non-chord parts in the right one)

And all pop songs on the top 100 has chords diagrams.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
I went to see Serj Tankian in London the other day and this bloke with a camera was asking if we thought Rock fans were more creative.
Signed.
I definitely had some self-esteem issues when I started listening to more metal in highschool, but now it's not the case.
What about reggae?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
What if I like a lot of genres? how am I labeled then?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Bit more to read, and with some charts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7598549.stm
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
I'm gentle, hard-working, innovative, and uncreative, and I'm bursting with self-confidence yet lack self esteem?

Sounds about right.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I love the first lines:
"Heavy metal fans are gentle, indie music listeners lack self-esteem and lovers of pop music are uncreative, according to research."

LOL!!!!
It got me mostly right, but I am a metal fan and I am hardworking. But the rest is (kinda scarily) close!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
How can they say metal fans are gentle then moan that listening to metal makes some psycho kids go out and kill people.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
Pop music uncreative?

Did we need rocket surgeons for that one?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
^ Rocket surgeons? o_O

Let's see. Blues and jazz: High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease. I'm not terribly outgoing, but everything else, yes.
Reggae: High self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease. Same thing.
All the rock I listen to is either blues-influenced or jazz-influenced, so I don't think Rock/Heavy Metal really applies.
I like LOTS of genres... haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Disposable-Hero
How can they say metal fans are gentle then moan that listening to metal makes some psycho kids go out and kill people.

Because the ones without knowledge gained by careful studies are the ones who say metal makes kids go and kill people. The ones with knowledge know the score.

That being said, your sig does indeed offend me, Monsieur Metalhead.
I totally made a thread on this last night ^_^.

But ya, it described me almost perfectly (as a metalhead).
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM