Hey ill be purchasing a peavey xxx head soon , and im wondering what cab from peoples expierences will sound best under it. I've only had the chance to try the xxx cab with the xxx head, and im wondering if another cab will sound even better with the head.
Avatar, Framus, Marshall, Orange, Engl, Mesa. I'd go for a 2 x 12" myself though. Looks more professional IMO and is easier to transport.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd go for a 2 x 12" myself though. Looks more professional IMO and is easier to transport.

Why would that look more professional.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Ehh im sold on gettin a 4x12 its just a matter of which one. Anyone know how much a mesa rectifier cab goes for new?
^^ o man like $950, they're pricey but would definately kick the shit out of those peavey xxx cabs. If you're set on a 4x12 and are on a budget, avatar cabs w/v30's. Other-wise mesa all the way. I dunno how you are about used gear, you could try to find a used mesa 4x12 in your area. Like Green Jelly said, go for a 2x12. I have a mesa recto 2x12, love it. And it's cheaper. New they're $620, but you can definately find those used for around 400.

1X5 ft FTW!!!
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
check out vader cabs, they come loaded with eminence legend speakers, they have tons of low end (if that's what you're looking for) a 4x12 goes for about $700 new, it might be hard to find one used
The XXX cabs come with V30 clones, and its sound pretty good.... Genz-Benz 212g-flex cab is awesome more low end than a 412 and is still very portable. If your on a tight budget then its really hard to beat an Avatar Cab.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
I use a traditional sized Mesa 4x12 with my JSX. Sounds great.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Used Mesa 4x12, as people have said, Marshall 1960 with V30s, Avatar with V30s or Lopoline with V30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Cool thanks for all the input. Has anyone tried an avatar Cab. They seem like quite a bargain how do they sound compared to other cabs? Also how well are they made?
Quote by creativlogic

1X5 ft FTW!!!

ahahahah!!!! i ****in love you man!!
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I just bought a XXX Head two weeks ago and was in a desperate search for a 2x12 cabinet.

I tried three, an Orange 2x12 with Vintage 30s, Marshall MC212 loaded with Eminence Legends, and last a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 loaded with Vintage 30s.

Out of the three I liked the Mesa best, but I could not find a used one for under $500.

Then I found a local guy selling a Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 for $350.

I did some research and found that George Lynch had a hand in developing the XXX Head and then after that he had a hand in developing the G-flex 2x12 specifically for use with the XXX.

So, I bought it without trying it.

BEST MOVE I COULD HAVE MADE!
It sounds better than any of the other cabs I had tried with the XXX.

The XXX Head and G-flex cabinet are perfect together.

Howard
Guitars
Carvin DC400
Carvin DC127
Carvin DC127

Amps
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 cab

Effects
Boss DD7
Boss GE7
Boss OD3