Page 1 of 2

A bag!? I wonder what's inside...

And some other stuff...

If only Gibson was this generous. Also, sorry about the weird picture quality. Had to use a phone camera
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Sep 5, 2008,
Holy shit, that's a lot of good stuff. And the bass makes me want to cry. It's beautiful, awesome... but my Warwick Fortress took a tumble and is basically a writeoff now
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
No I wouldn't worry about it. After all, it gives the Warwick fans a chance to argue the differences with the wenge necks, the three-piece bodies or the MEC pickups or whatever
Wahwahweewah...... very nice!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
After playing around a bit, I'm pretty sure these aren't steel strings they've left on them. -__- Still sounds really awesome anyway. Just wish I didn't have to go and pay €30 for new strings straight away.
Quote by BrickIsRed
After playing around a bit, I'm pretty sure these aren't steel strings they've left on them. -__- Still sounds really awesome anyway. Just wish I didn't have to go and pay €30 for new strings straight away.

Why would you go and do that?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Mmmm..... corvette. Always liked the look of those. Only ever got the chance to play streamers though.

Anyways, its really pretty.
Quote by BrickIsRed
Because I prefer the sound?

Fair enough, nice bass btw
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I find corvettes to be the nicest looking basses warwicks make, so well formed and streamlined...

make sure you enjoy your new bass
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
All Warwick basses come strung with Black Label, which are steels. Unless the store changed them, they were steels.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
All Warwick basses come strung with Black Label, which are steels. Unless the store changed them, they were steels.

I think the site I bought them from has a policy of restringing all guitars and basses right before shipping them so they're fresh on arrival. The Black Labels must have got tossed in the bin before they sent it. There was some fingerprints on the hardware too like they rushed to change the strings after I ordered.
That looks really nice did it arrive well no scratches or anything and that bubingas always nice its probably my favourite one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
That looks really nice did it arrive well no scratches or anything and that bubingas always nice its probably my favourite one.

100% perfect, no scratches.

I just finished applying the supplied wax to the whole thing (minus fretboard). The colour now looks way better than in the pictures above. More dark red and the grain is clearer. Smells nice too.
hate the head (but that's personal)

seems like a VERY good bass. Cool that they gave you all that extra stuff.
Congratulations!!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
A word of warning. As it is a natural finish, it will pick up a few small scratches. However, so far, mine has been incredibly resistant to everything else.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
What site/shop is this from? When I get my Warwick I want to have all these goodies :P
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
What site/shop is this from? When I get my Warwick I want to have all these goodies :P

www.thomann.de, though most Warwicks aren't in stock very often except for the Ash ones.
Quote by Rywad

They come with every Warwick. Custom shops get a £100 flight case instead of the £50 gig bag. Considering I only spent £50 on custom shop upgrades, not bad value at all.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
They come with every Warwick. Custom shops get a £100 flight case instead of the £50 gig bag. Considering I only spent £50 on custom shop upgrades, not bad value at all.

I've heard reports of certain items missing if you buy from a store.
Quote by gm jack

Haha, thats awesome. when I get my Warwick I'll probably do that. out of interest what were your upgrades?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Nice one man!
I got a Corvette Double buck the other day!
Except the Bees wax had been knicked out of the warwick user kit
Nice...

Would be better if it was a spector though
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Nice one man!
I got a Corvette Double buck the other day!
Except the Bees wax had been knicked out of the warwick user kit

It's only the natural oil finishes that need it. Yours looks painted red.
Quote by BrickIsRed
It's only the natural oil finishes that need it. Yours looks painted red.

Yes. Yours wasnt supposed to have any.
Quote by guitarhero_764

No, because its Natural oil finish.
I was using a crappy camera phone for them pictures.
I have went out and bought some bees wax anyway.
Does the trick fine.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
No, because its Natural oil finish.
I was using a crappy camera phone for them pictures.
I have went out and bought some bees wax anyway.
Does the trick fine.

You might want to consult here about which finish you have, just to be safe. http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/index.php?katID=14571&cl=EN Even with bad camera quality, it really looks like a layer of something that doesn't take wax to me.
Quote by BrickIsRed
You might want to consult here about which finish you have, just to be safe. http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/index.php?katID=14571&cl=EN Even with bad camera quality, it really looks like a layer of something that doesn't take wax to me.

Trust me, I have the tag and it says natural oil finish in burgundy

EDIT": Like this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/help.php?id=151
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Trust me, I have the tag and it says natural oil finish in burgundy

EDIT": Like this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/help.php?id=151

I did some research around the Warwick forums for you. They say the fact that it is red, and that wood is not naturally red, means it is called a "Coloured Oil Finish" which is not the same as "Natural Oil Finish". Furthermore, they all say that finish does not need waxing. Use of wax may eventually cause marks.

Normally I would give up by now, but I couldn't sleep with the thought of someones Warwick getting ruined because no one told them otherwise.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by ScottB.
Haha, thats awesome. when I get my Warwick I'll probably do that. out of interest what were your upgrades?

I just got an ebony fingerboard. It's absolutely gorgeous just after a fresh oiling, and I think it makes the tone just a touch darker.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Thats a fantastic bass, but does anyone else think its a bit slack that the standard models dont come wth a HSC, you have to go up to custom to get one.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by bazz_aaron
Thats a fantastic bass, but does anyone else think its a bit slack that the standard models dont come wth a HSC, you have to go up to custom to get one.

I don't want to feel stupid, but what's a HSC?
To thread starter, I'm a 100% devout Fender man, but congrats on the Warwick! It's beautiful and I bet it sounds great. What amp are you running it through?
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by FenderAmpeg93
To thread starter, I'm a 100% devout Fender man, but congrats on the Warwick! It's beautiful and I bet it sounds great. What amp are you running it through?

It's DIed into Pro Tools and I listen with headphones. Neighbours are a bit of a problem if I got an amp. But I have nice expensive amp plug-ins regardless.

My bands practice room has an old Ampeg combo that can sound decent, though it lacks tweeters so overdrive effects don't come through very well.
Page 1 of 2