Are they any good? I saw a 30 watt version on ebay for 100 bucks, and m just starting out so this seems like a good deal, anyone have one?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Sounds like some no name brand. Go buy a small Ashdown combo if your just starting out.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Sounds like some no name brand. Go buy a small Ashdown combo if your just starting out.

though I love ashdowns, you can't just judge an amp to be bad because you don't know it.

to the TS: try looking it up on the internetz, what can you find about it?
Maybe youtube for some video's made with and/or ask the one who sells it how it sounds and if you can get soundclips!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
In absolute terms they are crap. You wouldn't want to have one for the rest of your live.
That said, it may very well be that right now this 30w Johnsons is exactly the right thing for you. All Johnsons, guitars as well as amps, offer incredible value for very little money. The amps are simple and reliable and even sound half way decent. I personally think it sounds better than the equally powerfull Behringer that is twice as expensive.
This Johnson offers the beginner the oppertunity to plug in and play while keeping the money in his/her pocket to eventually buy a real amp. I think that is a more sensible option than have yourself lured into buying some expensive high end amplifier now, only to find out later on that you actually need another expensive high end amplifier.
Anyway; if you decide for this price-range, Johnsons are absolute top.