And is amazing. Another musician i think truly deserves a thread of his own.
Especially after creating a timeless masterpiece that is This Binary Universe.

This Binary Universe is the latest album from BT which just pushes all the bounds of musical composition and production. Its a fusion of Jazz, Classical and electronic music. Its something that really can't be described but only herd. He has also created some brilliant visuals to go along with each song.
Two of my favorite songs from the album:
The Antikythera Mechanism
1.618 (yes, he created a whole song on the phi/the golden ratio and the visuals are different objects and shapes that confirm to this ratio, pretty genius stuff).

Though youtube really doesn't do the songs justice. Its a completely different experience to listen to them in the 5.1 surround on the CD. Every single note comes alive. I can put my hand on my heart and say I have never herd such breathtaking and precise production ever. Every layer fits right in its place and complements the rest of the rich layers than contribute to the music. Every note, every sound is crystal clear and as sharp as music can get. Its also very mathematical as BT used the golden ratios and Fibronacci Sequence in the construction of many of the tracks and artwork. Most prominent ones are 1.618 (which is the golden ratio) and Dynamic Symmetry. BT has set up a whole new benchmark for electronic production and composition standards with This Binary Universe.

And before This Binary Universe, he as also produced some amazing dance tracks like Blue Skies (with vocals from Tori Amos), The Force of Gravity, Somnambulist, Hip-Hop Phenomenon and many many more...

Simply Being Loved (Somnambulist)
Flaming June
Blue Skies

He's also created Scores for many films and video games.

Check more of him out at:
http://www.btmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/btnetwork
its ****ing amazing!!!

But you sorta need to have a little bit of a production background to truly appreciate the breathtaking production detail in the album.
I checked out some of the tracks from the album on youtube (The Internal Locus, Good Morning Kaia and 1.618) and that is some seriously awesome stuff. I'll definitely look out for this CD in shops, I've only found one of his older records so far. But yeah I like what I've heard so far, it's some of the only electronic music I've heard from the last few decades that is truly inovative without sounding forced. Cool stuff, thanks TS

Came across Good Morning Kaia on youtube and its beauty is beyond words. I just downloaded This Binary Universe and am looking forward to it.
If anyone asks me what the best electronic album ever released is, I would immediately point to This Binary Universe. That is how amazing it is. It's such a shame that he fluked such a great album.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Not crap per say, but I wouldn't consider it anywhere close to This Binary Universe. For me, it was pretty hit or miss. TBU is a fluke because it was originally written as a series of lullabies for his daughter, Kaia. However, his friends managed to convince him to release it.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
^+1

Quote by Cianyx
Not crap per say, but I wouldn't consider it anywhere close to This Binary Universe. For me, it was pretty hit or miss. TBU is a fluke because it was originally written as a series of lullabies for his daughter, Kaia. However, his friends managed to convince him to release it.

Damn, I was sort of hoping his entire discography would be this amazing. And if TBU was written as lullabies for his daughter... well tell him to make another one! FAST! Haha. Seriously though, I find that pretty awesome. Hopefully he'll do something akin to this sooner than later.