I'm considering to sell most of my gear, and start over. The reason is that my current setup sounds too loose and undefined. I have all the gain I need, but I just can't get it tight enough.

I'm considering to sell my Ltd ec-500, B-52 At 112, Digitech Bad Monkey OD, Line 6 constrictor.

And I'm considering to buy an Engl Fireball, Framus 2x12, MXR 10 band EQ.

I'm not sure how much i would get for my old gear, but buying this new setup would set me back about 1400 euro.

I'm just looking for some advice...since this would be a pretty drastic change. Would this be a step up, or simply a sidestep? Also, is there anything less drastic I might try to tighten up my sound?

Thanks
WTLTL 2011
That would be an immense step up, that new amp and cab blow the tits off that old amp and cab, however my advice on whether it would be tighter won't be as good as someone who knows what they are on about with their metal knowledge!
I would recommend picking up a BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i. I use one in my rack and it tightened up my sound dramatically. They make it in a pedal but I am not sure if it is as good or not.
The fireball would smoke your b-52, no doubt. I would do that shit in a heartbeat if I were you. You should probably look into a nice noise gate too.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Recto like amps are famous for their flabby low end. A Fireball is tighter than 13 year old pussy. It's a one trick pony though. Br00talz and pretty good cleans, but nothing in between really. Although being a metal player, I prefer the Blackmore sig. Try to find one second hand or ditch the EQ. [/IMHO]
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
don't forget that how 'tight' you sound depends on technique more than it does on gear.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
^^^ I assume by 'tight', he means more compressed.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Mark G
Another concern is volume. Both amps are 60 watts so that shouldn't matter too much, but I hope the 2x12 won't blow my windows out.

Wattage =/= volume. Decibels and pressure do.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
sounds like a good plan dude,

if you think it through, and know that you can shift the gear you have atm,

then do it, hope it goes well for you, cos id do that if i were in your situation,

just imo tho
I just found an ENGL Blackmore + Z5 switch for 850 euro used. It would be 1500 new.

Jump on it?
WTLTL 2011
Yes, but be sure to jump off when you're finished with whatever you do to it.

In all seriousness, yes.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Dardarian
don't forget that how 'tight' you sound depends on technique more than it does on gear.

Tight in this sense also refers to the response of the amp. Sag, in other words.