This just arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it. I was looking for something a little more suitable to jazz pieces than my strat but with a compact body (so that I can easily use it as backup at gigs). It came down between this Ibanez Artcore Custom and the PRS SE Semi-Hollow - after playing both, I just thought this felt nicer and sounded slightly sharper.

Anyway, this particular model (AWD102-NT) isn’t listed on the official Ibanez website so I can’t find out much information about them. Can’t figure out if this is a rare guitar of if it’s just an old edition.

Either way, I’m happy. Got it for £380 and now I really get to work on some George Benson and Wes Montgomery pieces. What do you think UG?
Wow. Beautiful axe, man!

+1
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
wow man, that is a beautiful guitar! congrats.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Where the bridge is placed.. awkard. Where the contols are placed. Good for playing but don't look the best. Colour is kick ass and so is the frets. I normally DESPISE F-holes but- Only one emotion can describe this:

Sweet guitar... I want one.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Last edited by darrenjables at Sep 5, 2008,
Amazing, I've never seen that model before. Really like it mate.

Where did you pick it up from?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
that's really nice. ibanez seem to do a lot of natural finish models, i'm surprised more guys don't do them as they look really good. cool bongos too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man....if I didn't play so much metal I'd buy one, that thing is gorgeous, what kind of amp are you using btw? not to say that you need a new amp, but that thing needs a nice amp to compliment it.
My local guitar store has one of these on the wall. I had to try it out of course, excellent guitar. Faultless construction and Super58 pickups, what more could you want?
I salute you, a really good choice!
Quote by Kurapica
Amazing, I've never seen that model before. Really like it mate.

Where did you pick it up from?

Ordered it from gak.co.uk but tried out at Dolphin Music in Liverpool.

Quote by Eric 666
Man....if I didn't play so much metal I'd buy one, that thing is gorgeous, what kind of amp are you using btw? not to say that you need a new amp, but that thing needs a nice amp to compliment it.

At the moment I'm using a Blues Junior. Sounds superb!
I've also tried it out with my Micro BR and with some compression it has a killer jazz tone which I've fallen in love with.

Quote by TheQuailman
My local guitar store has one of these on the wall. I had to try it out of course, excellent guitar. Faultless construction and Super58 pickups, what more could you want?
I salute you, a really good choice!

Before I'd tried this and the PRS SE Semi-Hollow I really couldn't decide, but the moment I picked up the Artcore - I knew it was the one.
oh, that's bound to sound great with a blues junior. semi-hollows through fendery amps sound great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh, that's bound to sound great with a blues junior. semi-hollows through fendery amps sound great.

I second that, TS can you get us some sound clips?
That looks awesome.

I have an Artcore as well. Great guitars. Throw some flatwounds on that puppy and you're in jazzy land.
gratz man! that's a beautifull guitar you got there!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
very nice guitar
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Pretty good my friend, pretty good. Don't like most natural finishes, this is no exception. It screams for a nice burst finish.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
i'm not normally an ibanez kinda guy, but DAYUM!
that is sexy
hope you enjoy it