Okay, so today I am replacing my stupid DOD Grunge pedal (sucks).

I really LOVED my ds-1 before it died, but I've heard a ****load of good things about the Super Distortion, it's only 10$ more.

What would you reccomend for punk (80's HC / Street Punk) & grunge music (mudhoney/Nirvana mostly)
Go for the superdistortion, you can wind it back to make it sound like a DS-1.
Amp?
Lulz.

That bad, eh?

Well, since I don't know what it is, it makes it harder to help, but either one will do the trick depending on what your amp is.
You loved a DS-1? I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that haha. But I guess for what you play it works.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
You loved a DS-1?

Its like airline food, you are not meant to love it, even if you find it tasty, you never love it.
Have you thought of saving a bit more of money up and mayb go for a EHX muff of somesort? It will cover nirvana and mudhoney for sure and punk as well.

Mayb a DS-2 instead of a DS-1?
Quote by Swap-Meet
uhhh...you don't know many people that play alt rock / grunge / punk do you?

Nope. All my guitar buddies play metal. The couple I know that play punk and such just use whatever gain is on their amp.
Quote by nebiru
Nope. All my guitar buddies play metal. The couple I know that play punk and such just use whatever gain is on their amp.

Well, it's a really good pedal for what I was playing

Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
Have you thought of saving a bit more of money up and mayb go for a EHX muff of somesort? It will cover nirvana and mudhoney for sure and punk as well.

Mayb a DS-2 instead of a DS-1?

I'm gonna look into the EHX muff, but isn't that a fuzz pedal?

any major differences between the ds-1 and ds-2?
Quote by Swap-Meet
Well, it's a really good pedal for what I was playing

Yeah I know, I actually own one. I really don't use it very much since I play metal 99% of the time. I take it out once in awhile and fiddle with it though.