are they a hassle?
Im looking to get a Laney AOR 30 and thats a single channel but i don't want to be using destortion pedals with it and want to get the clean sounds out of it during songs. It would be very difficult during a gig.

Any input? Thanks
Roll down the volume on the guitar.

But to be honest, if you need crystal cleans and brutal distortion within the context of one set, a single channel amp might not be the best.
Two amps and an AB box might be useful. Use a Roland JC-120 for clean, lets just say, then shift over to a heavier amp for distortion duties.
ahh yeah...well im not looking for 'Brutal' distortions as you put it.

The stuff i play is usually more, yngwie malmsteen, joe satch, motley crue etc...

i dont want to be restricted on the clean channel
the volume thing works best when you're driving your output tubes and getting overdrive from the power amp.

If you're using a lot of preamp gain, it becomes harder to clean up and is less manageable in general.
I don't know about the AOR but the GH Series has footswitchable gain thats VERY handy and makes it really easy to go from full on dist to clean.
i am a huge fan of single channel amps. theres something about rolling back the volume to get your cleans that i really love. i dont really play anything high gain though, so for a low to mid-gain style it works well. so with those bands and that amp, i dont know if its the best choice to go from cleans to gain.
Just listen to Gooley and things will work out for you.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."