In my music class in school we have this projekt to perform 2 songs. Whatever songs we want. The problem is that we don't really know what to play. We are 5 players in our "band" and we will have access to guitar, bass, drums, synth/piano and of course vocals. I will play the guitar (played for a year), and the bass player have only had experience with guitar before (everyone plays guitar!). The drummer have never played drums but I think he'll manage good enough. Our singer is a girl and the last member haven't played anything else but a flute.

As you can see we're not a real band but we have to do this and as I've been playing guitar for a year I don't want to play something like "Seven Nation Army" or something that easy. On the other hand I can't handle solos yet so not too hard songs.

Anyway, what songs would you recommend us to play? That are rather easy on every instrument or that can be played in simplified versions. We'll have about 5 weeks to practice (only 2 occasions together though) so we'll have some time to practice at home (except for the drums).

We like all kinds of music. I like metal, rock, ballads but the girls probably wouldn't want to play death metal so nothing too hard.

I was thinking about nothing else matters and enter sandman?

Thanks in advance.
I know there is know bass but he quite quite easily copy the guitar so you could do white stripes, the drums are way below any 5 year olds abilty so your drummer should have no trouble as well.
Honestly, Walking With A Ghost by Tegan and Sara is a good bet. Try Smells Like Teen Spirit too. You may not like them, but they're not so easy people would laugh at you, but they're not difficult.
How about something by the Vines?

Vision Valley is really easy...it's a bit slower, too, so the drummer could relax and just play a simple beat and it'll sound okay. ...and Get Free is just awesome, though I don't know how hard the drums are for that.

Weezer stuff would work, too.
Are you allowed to write your own stuff for this? With that range of instruments, it might worth coming up with a really simple 12 bar blues piece in whatever key's easiest for the flute (they're the one with the least flexibility, as far as I know*), doing a bit of a verse-chorus-verus-chorus-solo-chorus-chorus structure thing, letting whoever's feeling bravest take the solo, and the rest just keeping the rhythm tight. Crunchy 60s guitar and a Hammond organ sound on the keyboards might sound kinda cool, and if it's something you've written yourself, then at least you can work round (i.e. get rid of) any bits that one of you can't play.

* And as the sig says, I know very little.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Well if your keyboarder can play harmonica, than I would suggest
"The Wizard" by Black Sabbath
Having just picked up the guitar... what about 'Wild Thing' by the Troggs. Dead easy for the drummer, guitar, and keyboard, and the flautist can take the solo, which is played on an occarina in the original anyway.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Ok, we've decided for Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana as our first song. AND we've also "kicked" the 2 girls since they just dizzed all our suggestions for songs to play. So now we can play any song we want. Preferably rock, metal. But it still needs to be easy seeing as we have basically no experience with drums.

Preferably also a quite famous song since we don't really want to "learn" a whole new song.

So we don't have a fluetist anymore. Just guitar, bass, drums and vocals. Maybe piano/synth as well.

Thanks in advance
Quote by CarpUK
Having just picked up the guitar... what about 'Wild Thing' by the Troggs. Dead easy for the drummer, guitar, and keyboard, and the flautist can take the solo, which is played on an occarina in the original anyway.

I agree with this. Plus, EVERYONE who is anyone really knows this song...it's a staple in rock history. This is probably the easiest song you can get, that at least 90% of your audience will recoginize on the first chord.

You can also try "Johnny B. Good" by Chuck Berry....not really all that hard of a song, but it's rather old-school.
Smoke On The Water
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
House of the Rising Sun.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Smoke On Water
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar