Hi

I'm looking for a new guitar that is stratocaster shaped and with good quality. Problem is I only have £150. Any one know of any good (and not squire's affinity's which I know are crap ) Stratocaster copies I can get?

Thanks
jihedley
Last edited by jihedley at Sep 5, 2008,
Dude seriously, don't be cheap and save up some money. Not only will you be able to get a much better guitar, you also wont regret buying a piece of crap guitar.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

save another 100 (euros?) and get a mexican SSH custom fat strat.

For the price, theres no better guitar.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
dont bother buying a cheap guitar if you're only going to regret it and want a new one in a few months (YOU WILL) save the money. and more importantly your amp is the biggest difference in your sound. NOT THE GUITAR.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
I just listened to your cover of the solo in You Shook Me All Night Long. You're actually quite good! You should save up more money and get a much better guitar next instead, you'll get a much better guitar for that little bit more.

You should probably upgrade your amp sometime soon if you want to jam with a drummer or whatever.
Do not - DO NOT - buy a guitar for so cheap.

Grow a pair and SAVE UP. You'll be able to get a GOOD guitar. You will not find a half decent guitar for so cheap.

And you're a total idiot for thinking otherwise.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Ok thanks for the quick replies I'll save up.
I just listened to your cover of the solo in You Shook Me All Night Long. You're actually quite good!
Les Paul Ell, thanks for the comment! Most people say im crap . Just listened to your first mp3 in the list (cant remember what its called). Your a pretty handy guitarist as well Better than me.
Last edited by jihedley at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by jihedley
Ok thanks for the quick replies I'll save up. Les Paul Ell, thanks for the comment! Most people say im crap . Just listened to your first mp3 in the list (cant remember what its called). Your a pretty handy guitarist as well Better than me.

Haha thanks. Seriously though, your playing sounds good, don't hold yourself back with a cheap guitar.
I'd recommend a new Yamaha Pacifica over any casual strat copy any day of the week, check them out.

What sort of music do you (think) you want to play TS?
2nd hand MIM strat, if ya lucky!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Squier Affinities are alright, if you get a decent one, and they're really good mod guitars aswell. Don't say they are so rubbish, when they can be really good guitars.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yamaha pacifica 112? (that's if you're willing to go HSS)

i'd personally save up another £50-£100, though, and try to pick up a used japanese-made tokai goldstar (strat copy) on ebay or similar, i've seen some go for little over £200 when they aren't the really sought-after early 80s/late 70s models. great guitars, and shouldn't be very much more than your £150 budget if you're willing to go with one of the less popular colours.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?