I kinda need some help with my downpicking, ive been playing for a year but been serious about it for 7 months. Playing songs that are alt picking are usually a breeze but when it comes to downpicking i cant play it, like id be able to play all the notes in the song but my right hand cant get anywhere near the tempo. Any sudgestions?
practice with a metronome. Start Slowly, then gradually increase your speed.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
The whole metronome thing is still a good idea but you should beware that it will take a bit longer than just building up alt. picking chops because the main problem with downplicking is stamina not co-ordination. It'll take a long time to get to an even vaguely high standard so don't force it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thx alot for the sudgestions, i dont have a metronome but will the online ones be fine?
Quote by Fatkevin334
Thx alot for the sudgestions, i dont have a metronome but will the online ones be fine?

Yeah, it's the constant beat that's the important thing; not the source.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.