How do I set it up to play metal. My guitar is tooned to drop c So all I have to do is set up the amp.
Put it on R-Fier.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Ok well I'm trying to play stricken and I keep messing with the eq and it still sounds like crap. And the amp is set to metal.
R-fier model, alter the EQ to where you want and rock out.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Jimboner23
Ok well I'm trying to play stricken and I keep messing with the eq and it still sounds like crap. And the amp is set to metal.

Somehow doubt that's the amp's fault. Keep trying.
Quote by n00bje
Learn to play the guitar?

This
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by n00bje
Learn to play the guitar?

I've been playing for 6 years dumbass.
Quote by Jimboner23
I've been playing for 6 years dumbass.

Yet you can't EQ a modelling amp?

Sure.
Quote by Jimboner23
My old crappy amp didn't have an eq.

Sounds like a stereo amp. I wouldn't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I used to have a Cube 30. The user's manual has some suggestions for different settings (clean, classic rock, modern metal). For a metal tone, I'd select the R-Fier modeling channel and start fiddling with your bass, mid, and treble knobs (you want them at around 12:00 o'clock as a minimum to start and then adjust from there). You can get a pretty decent metal tone out of the R-Fier model (Mesa Boogie Rectifier). It's a great bedroom amp with decent models for the price.
R-fier. Bass at 12 to 1 o'clock. Mids at about 10 o'clock. Treble wherever you think it sounds best. Put abit of reverb on.

If your not happy keep fiddling. I frequently find that i'm not happy with teh sound i had during yesterday and fiddle about abit.
Quote by Splif-Burton
R-fier. Bass at 12 to 1 o'clock. Mids at about 10 o'clock. Treble wherever you think it sounds best. Put abit of reverb on.

If your not happy keep fiddling. I frequently find that i'm not happy with teh sound i had during yesterday and fiddle about abit.

Yeh, if you can't get a metal tone from these settings there is definitely something wrong with your amp. You're in Alice in Chains territory with these settings