what are your opinions on this pedal as i need to upgrade from my Digitech rp50. Is the ME-20 much different apart from being a lower model?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
You get a lot more effects with the me-50 than the 20, how many you'd use I don' t know. I'd say for a multi effect it's one of the best in its price range
I've had an ME-50 for a couple of years now and I've never had a problem with it. It's reliable, cheap compared to similar models by other brands, and effects-wise, you'll never really need much else in your life.
Quote by rokket2005
If you have a total disregard for good tone, go for it.

got any proof to back it up or reasons?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
Quote by rokket2005

+1

Better off with a POD.
It's about how much you want to spend. A buddy of mine just "upgraded" from an ME 33 to an ME 50. It is a bit better, but not up to my POD XT Live standards. You get what you pay for. It would be better then the Rp 50. I think the ME 50 is better then my RP 300a. It's pretty subjective anyway. Lookat several in your price range (whatever that is). There is alot to chose from out there. Vox tonelab, RP 250's, etc. Chances are the more you spend the more you'll like. More features added modeling capabilities etc. You'll have to balance what you can spend with what you think is acceptable.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
how much is the POD?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
I would recomend against any multi-effects, used an ME-50 for a long time, but if you are in love with effects and/or on a budget the ME-50 will do the job well and is extremely reliable. (from my experience)
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
Yeah, if you're willing to sacrifice some tone for versatility, it's a great route to take. I never compared it to anything when I was purchasing it. I just played around with it whenever I visited the music store, and fell in love with it. So I bought it. It's got a lot of effects and it's easy as hell to use. I think I'm at that point where I'm ready to move beyond MFX, however. It's all preference. In a situation where cash is tight, go for it. You might want to switch to single pedals in the future.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by rokket2005

if you dont set it up properly then yea it sucks. but if you do (IE plug it through the effects loop) its amazing. if your wanting to use a bunch of effects run through a good amp. this thing is amazing for its price. if your looking for more specific effects just get the individual pedals you want, and if you want to use headphones, buy a pod.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional