I'd like to pick a red/red dually lace sensors for my HSS strat bridge in order to to make it sound louder and fatter for metal...

So, just a simple question : do dually lace sensors sound like humbuckers ? Or just a double-single coil configuration ?

Or should I just choose other hot humbuckers for the bridge like Seymour Duncan SH-6 or DiMarzio SuperDistorsion maybe ?
Last edited by slappyx at Sep 5, 2008,
Lace sensors are weird...They are hard to describe. I've never played the dual configuration, but the regulars don't sound like buckers or single coils to me. I think they sound "good", but they don't really have a stand-out tone.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
They include a wire so you can coil split it. If you only have both of them activated them yes it is pretty much a humbucker and as far as I know the red's are one of the hottest output pickups there are. With two of them in the humbucker configuration, yes they can definitely do metal.
Quote by Griever988
They include a wire so you can coil split it. If you only have both of them activated them yes it is pretty much a humbucker and as far as I know the red's are one of the hottest output pickups there are. With two of them in the humbucker configuration, yes they can definitely do metal.

+1
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
why lace? buy a blackout or emg. yeah.. like someone said, lace is wierd.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak

Lace = passive
Blackout/EMG = active

Routing costs, why not just get a Dually Red and not waste money on 1 trick ponies
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by apak

I'm planning to equip my strat and don't want to spoil this vintage charm with actives sorry.

That said, I will maybe one day get a "metal"-only guitar with actives who knows...