I have a few questions about pickup wiring since i'm a complete noob in this domain...

1 - What is the difference beetween parallel and series wiring, sound speaking ?
2 - How do dual-sing/sing coils(parallel wiring) sound ?
3 - Is coil splitting wiring the humbucker's coils in parallel or cutting the output of one ?
4 - Is it posible to have all the pickups ON at the same time ?
5 - What is a kill switch ?

Thanks for any explanations
5 is fairly basic. A killswitch basically routes the signal so it never goes to the amp...thus, the sound is cut out. Basically, a mute button. At least, that's what I think.

If you want an example of a killswitch in action, take a look at buckethead's "jordan". That main riff is done with hammer ons and a kill switch.
1- when you have the two coils of a humbucker in series (the normal way), it sounds like a humbucker. When they're in parallel, it sounds more single coil-like, but it's still hum-camcelling.
When wiring single coils in series/ parallel, they're usually in parallel, and when you make it seires, they sound a little more humbucker-ish.

2- I'm not sure what you're asking..
Are you wondering what single coils in parallel or series sound like?
If so, see above.

3-coil splitting is turning off one of a humbuckers coils.

4- yes. What pickup configuration do you have?

5- a switch that simply kills the signal. Turn it on and the hot signal is sent to ground, like jet said, kind of like a mute switch.

edit: this should be in GB&C, by the way, but whatever... no harm done, you'll know that for next time, I guess
Quote by james4
1- when you have the two coils of a humbucker in series (the normal way), it sounds like a humbucker. When they're in parallel, it sounds more single coil-like, but it's still hum-camcelling.
When wiring single coils in series/ parallel, they're usually in parallel, and when you make it seires, they sound a little more humbucker-ish.

2- I'm not sure what you're asking..
Are you wondering what single coils in parallel or series sound like?
If so, see above.

3-coil splitting is turning off one of a humbuckers coils.

4- yes. What pickup configuration do you have?

5- a switch that simply kills the signal. Turn it on and the hot signal is sent to ground, like jet said, kind of like a mute switch.

edit: this should be in GB&C, by the way, but whatever... no harm done, you'll know that for next time, I guess

Thanks for your answer ! I know it should've been in the GB&C section but there is much more viewers in here, so statistically more chances to have answers hehe

My pickup config is HSS btw.
no problem.

to have all your pickups on, look around for the wiring for a 'neck on switch'. How it works is pretty simple, you just have a switch that turns the neck pickup on. That way, when you have the bridge and middle pups selected on the 5-way switch, turn the neck on switch on, and all three pickups are on.