I have been wondering about this question for a while...
What do you think would be the best car to go in if you wanted to travel around the world.

I sorta narrowed it down to a few options:
1. Toyota Hilux: We know this car is invicible. It can tackle pretty much any terrain. Its big and being a pick-up truck, you can take loads of stuff with you. And being a Toyota, you know its not gonna break down on you.

2. Toyota Land Cruiser: A bit smaller than the Hilux but you've still got excellent room inside for 4 people to travel in amazing comfort in a 1st class cabin, DVD player and screens behind the front seats for the passengers. A lot more comfortable ride than the Hilux but less room for luggage and the Hilux is a wee bit more sturdy to tackle all the different kind of harsh terrains you'ld come across on your trip.

3. Range Rover: This will give you the most luxurious ride and has the best off road drive with its sophisticated terrain selection systems and works brilliant on the road too. It'll give the Hilux a serious run for it money to tackle different terrains. But what it makes up for luxury and off road handling, it loses in reliability. It can't really stand much against the super reliable Toyota engines and reliability is a big issue if you wanna go on such adventures!

SO UG, got any more cars and what would you chose??!
Kitt
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by Hot_Money420
You would need one of these to travel across the world, as cars, simply, cannot drive over water

you don't need to drive to water. You've got roads and ferries.
Well... any of the Toyotas, if you're encountering the slightest bit of rough terrain. The Rover is great off-road... untill it stalls. I've been to a lot of third world countries and i believe there's a reason why you never see any Range Rovers.
Unless your need the rear cargo area real bad, then i say the Land Cruiser is the way to go.

Do I get a cookie for 1st serious answer?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by mercedesisbenz
i'd settle for nothing less than the batmobile.

wouldn't that be a bit harsh of the fuel??
And maybe a little cramped too... and a bit short on luggage space...
Any car with a prostitute in the back seat.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Optimus Prime.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by af_the_fragile
wouldn't that be a bit harsh of the fuel??
And maybe a little cramped too... and a bit short on luggage space...

I would think that Batman, being a millionaire and being equally environmentally-conscious, would have found a way to make the Batmobile electric or hybrid or run on corn-oil or something.

All else is wrong.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Land Rover Defender.

You would literally never have to stop. You could just drive over anything in your way.
^I was just coming to the Defender!!
Quote by Grönis
Well... any of the Toyotas, if you're encountering the slightest bit of rough terrain. The Rover is great off-road... untill it stalls. I've been to a lot of third world countries and i believe there's a reason why you never see any Range Rovers.
Unless your need the rear cargo area real bad, then i say the Land Cruiser is the way to go.

Do I get a cookie for 1st serious answer?

Yess you do indeed!! Here's your e-cookie: *insert e-cookie here*

Though about the Rovers, the Land Rover Defender is one of the most common cars to be used by aid workers in Africa. Cuz its just something that can tackle any rough terrain. Though you get virtually zero luxuries in the Defender. Its just a bulletproof machine to tackle the harshest terrains.

Apart from that even the Nissan Navara and Pathfinder are quite commonly used by UN peacekeeping forces. The Irish Army uses the Pathfinder as lot for its troops

Edit: Actually the UN peacekeeping forces use more Land Cruisers.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 5, 2008,
my 1990 oldsmobile cutty
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm actually not kidding.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Volta_91

I'm actually not kidding.

Would be cool... But you'ld need a lot of energy for that... It'ld be a bit slow too..

I still think this would be the best:
(Invalid img)
Toyota Land Cruiser with the Arctic Trucks modification pack for better off road maneuverablitly and road stability.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 5, 2008,
FORD NUCLEON
nuclear powered concept car from the 50's. just to be badass.

or this bike
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by skvvisgaar
FORD NUCLEON
nuclear powered concept car from the 50's. just to be badass.

SOunds good if they would make it!
Me and some buddys really want to drive across america somewhere down the line, and the way I see it, we have three options:

Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Impala
Dodge Charger

Old school cars are the best, you can't go on a road trip without one.