anyone have experience with blackout metal or livewire metal? theyre the same pickups except the blackout has tis switch for different preamp voicing: loud and louder.. if anyone has tried this please tell me your experience with it and how it compares to emg's and regular blackouts. please dont say one is better.. just say how it sounds
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
why ask us when there are sound clips of both those pickup types on their respecitve websites? Rather than getting our opinions, you can hear them for yourself.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
sound clips are never accurate. ever hear sound clips of effects pedals? they all sound good. but when you try them yourself, it's like what the ****? yes, bad experience with some pedals. i was gonna buy a boss sd-1, and i tried it and didnt like it...

anyways. that's why i dont trust sound clips
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
well Dave Mustain uses the livewires, so if you like his new sound (UA Album) then those are your puppies

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
No I've never listened to sound clips of pedals before. Aside from my tuner pedal, I build all my own so I have no need to listen to mass produced ones. With sound clips you really have to know what amp they are using. Of course if you don't have any experience with the type of amp they use, then it will be impossible for you to determine how it will sound with your set up.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
save mustaine livewires are different. the blackouts are more middy... maybe i should just buy the livewires???
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I've heard that the Livewires are utter crap.

If you are set on actives, get Blackouts or EMGs. Whatever you prefer.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
I have the livewires in my dean, they're pretty good. But i'm starting not to like them, and i like my burstbucker much better because its more musical sounding. That might just be the fact that the livewires are active tho..