even possible to use at bedroom levels? , seeing all of them ive seen is 120W full tube, that seems a bit overkill since my 5 w blackheart is pretty loud imo,
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

it depends what you mean by "bedroom" levels. my idea of "bedroom levels" is loud enough that you can't hear your voice over it if you yell, but not so loud that its knocking stuff off your shelves. If you can turn it up loud enough that you can get the speaker moving a little, it should sound ok. But if you're playing it at 0.5 or something, its probably going to sound fizzy or muddy.
Its possible but if you're only going to use it in the bedroom then its a waste of wattage.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
it wont be only in bedroom, but mostly . My idea of bedroom levels is the level you listen to music and its kinda hard to hear what people say if they use normal voice.

Quote by Jaekae
it wont be only in bedroom, but mostly . My idea of bedroom levels is the level you listen to music and its kinda hard to hear what people say if they use normal voice.

That'll work but i think you'll enjoy it more if you move it out to the garage, it's hard to sit next to it if the volume is on 2+.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Wouldn't playing in a closed garage make the sound...'different'?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
just read that a engl fireball is one of the best sounding low volums "high" watt amps,

so im probably gonna try and find one to try out, but a bugera is half the price and that would be better for my wallet :P

Quote by thriller4life
Wouldn't playing in a closed garage make the sound...'different'?

Yes, some reverb but i dont mind it. Depends on what's in there to absorb/reflect the sound.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Yes, it can most definitely achieve that low of volume, as will any amp. Someone who says, "such and such amp is too loud for the bedroom," is an idiot. There's a reason the amp has a volume knob.

Sure, it might not sound as good as it would turned up a little bit louder, but it's not going to be horrible sounding like 90% of UG seems to believe.

If you're really that concerned about the wattage, you can pull the inner or outer power tubes and reduce the wattage by a half.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It is entirely possible as I have been playing in my bedroom all week with it. I just added and EQ pedal into the FX loop for that little added oomph, but it does quiet nicely for me. Unless you are tuning to B or something, because I found that doesn't sound quite as good low level wise. Great for standard though as I practise along to the tunes on my computer for jamming purposes.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, it can most definitely achieve that low of volume, as will any amp. Someone who says, "such and such amp is too loud for the bedroom," is an idiot. There's a reason the amp has a volume knob.

Sure, it might not sound as good as it would turned up a little bit louder, but it's not going to be horrible sounding like 90% of UG seems to believe.

If you're really that concerned about the wattage, you can pull the inner or outer power tubes and reduce the wattage by a half.

Basically all I had to say.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by MatrixClaw

this^^^

remember that halves the ohms though.
If you are used to playing a 5w Blackheart, prepare to get your ears blown to pieces. Think about the fact that most live bands play their amps at full on approximately 50-100 watts. (given the PA systems do contribute) but I knock over pictures with my Rockerverb 50 at volume 6 so you will need to keep it low to practice, or buy an attenuator.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
If you are used to playing a 5w Blackheart, prepare to get your ears blown to pieces. Think about the fact that most live bands play their amps at full on approximately 50-100 watts. (given the PA systems do contribute) but I knock over pictures with my Rockerverb 50 at volume 6 so you will need to keep it low to practice, or buy an attenuator.

Ok, but who needs to turn their amp up to 6......
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by MatrixClaw

i'm really starting to hate all the overhyped rumors around here
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I use my freaking 333XL halfstack in my bedroom whenever it doesn't need to be in whatever practice space we happen to be in. It sounds alright at low volume, but of course it sounds better when turned up just a bit.

It's not worth it to pull power tubes on a 120 watt amp, anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it's not going to affect the volume barely at all. It'll just lower the point on the knob where you need to get to in order to get natural breakup. But, that's still gonna be way over bedroom volume, even with two tubes pulled.
Quote by thriller4life
Ok, but who needs to turn their amp up to 6......

me, when I'm playing in rehearsals. Gets a better sound and we all have the headrom in my band to do it. If I practice, I play acoustic.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by MatrixClaw

Listen to Derek.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS