Band rules. Similar to Loma Prieta and Joshua Fit For Battle. Melodic, mathy screamo.

http://www.myspace.com/thekidcrash

If you haven't heard their new album "Jokes", punch yourself in the mouth and go get it.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
Yeah. Saw discos thread, but it seemed dead and tired, so I started a new one.
jokes is one of my favorite screamo records. I just picked up their l'antietam split on vinyl.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
New ruins was pretty good but gotta say jokes trumped it. Gogo Kidcrash.
Such a good band. Their melodies are actually so genius. I would kill to see them live.
I was crying, you were laughing.
Hit in the face, blood on the snow.
We were never happier.
i really dont think that THIS kidcrash put out "new ruins". confusion much?
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
Quote by 875875511
i really dont think that THIS kidcrash put out "new ruins". confusion much?

They tried out the whole post-hardcore/emo bit, but I guess it didn't work out? But yeah, same band. If you listen closely to the guitars you'll notice it.

I honestly think their albums are both really good for their specific genres. They brought a good thing to the "poppy" side of emo, which mostly just gets watered down.
Bigtime thread necromancy - Just discovered these guys last night. Pretty impressed with what I heard on Jokes. "Turtlelephant" sounded like a "mathy" God Is An Astronaut tune until it got to the vocals.

Can't wait to give Snacks and New Ruins a listen or two-dozen after I finally get my midterm exams over with.
So, The Kidcrash, is still Kidcrash right. I always get confused while downloading. Like I Haven't Had a Date in Years is the same band that did Jokes?
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
So, The Kidcrash, is still Kidcrash right. I always get confused while downloading. Like I Haven't Had a Date in Years is the same band that did Jokes?

Yes, they just dramatically changed styles on every record. That said, Jokes is probably my favorite. I sometimes leave it going in my truck for weeks at a time.
Bumpalump, ****ing love this band.
The "I haven't had a date......" EP rules.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I'm starting to regrettttttttttt settingsail
on
this
sink
ing
shippppppp

BUT I WILL NOT SINK WITH THEM!
I'm an asshole.
Yeah, Snacks is the newest. Jokes is better though.
Quote by seeneyj
Mine does, so I imagine it does. But I also could be wrong. It's an EP so it wouldn't surprise me.
Quote by seeneyj
I is such an awesome song. Possibly my favorite song by them.
Quote by seeneyj